Troubles of a child

Ezra's Nightmare// NOPOV

Ezra was running through the woods crying his heart out. "MUMMY, DADDY!" He screamed out in fear as he saw Darth Vader approach him.
"We meet again young Jedi.." Darth Vader said holding Hera and kanan in his grasp. He used the force to push Ezra to the ground. "Your parents are gone boy, and it's all you fault.."
Ezra's eyes widened. "No... no... NO!!" He screamed getting angry using the dark side to push Darth Vader away and then all of a sudden everything went black.
//end of Nightmare//
Ezra shot up screaming as tears poured down his cheeks. He whimpered rocking backwards and forwards mumbling. "Just a Nightmare... just a Nightmare.."
Hera ran in and saw Ezra rocking. She climbed up to his bunk and rubbed his back. "Sweetie.. Sweetie it's mummy can you hear me.."
Ezra continued to cry and rock. "No..no.. Vader.. no.." he mumbled.
Hera listened and picked him up holding him close. She walked to Kanan's room and shook him slightly to wake him up. "Kanan... it's Ezra..." Hera said softly as Kanan woke up.
Kanan moved up closer to the wall so Hers could lay next to him. He turned around seeing her place Ezra in between us. "Ezra, buddy come on say something.."
Ezra started to cry out again and held onto Kanan's shirt cuddling close to his chest. "Don't go don't go don't go...." he mumbled.
Hera looked at kanan sadly and he did the same. She rubbed Ezra's back softly. "Kanan.. this is getting out of hand... his nightmares have lasted for like a month now...." she sighed.
Kanan sighed and held Ezra close shushing him. "I know.. maybe he should stay with one of us each nights.. but other than that.. we will have to try and make him tell us.." he smiled when Ezra calmed down and started to play with his shirt. "Hey buddy how are you.. you doing ok..?" He said softly.
Ezra nodded and sniffled rubbing his eyes. "Vader killed mummy and daddy... I-I" he mumbled and whimpered.
Hera sighed and rubbed Ezra's back again. "Sweetie it's ok.. listen me and you dad would never let him go near us.. so why don't you go back to sleep and don't worry.. we're not going anywhere"
Ezra shook his head. "No, nightmares come back!" He whimpered and buried his face in Kanan's chest.
Hera and kanan sighed while rocking Ezra back and forth. 'This is going to be a LONG night' they both thought.
//next morning//
Kanan sat in the co pilots chair with Ezra in his lap.
Hera smiled at the crew. "We have a mission today.. we have to collect some information from the empire, the only problem is that it's in the imperial office.."
Sabine sat down in the chair behind Hera. "Why doesn't kanan dress up as a storm trooper, as me and Zeb create a distraction he can sneak into Kallus's office and grab the information we need.."
Ezra played with Kanan's shirt. "C-can" he stuttered and whimpered. "C-can I come..?" He mumbled.
Zeb looked at Ezra. "Kid its a bit dangerous for you, besides you look really tired. Don't you just want to stay here with Hera?" He sighed when he saw Ezra's expression. "Kid we just don't want you to get hurt.."
Ezra looked down tearing up. "I-I just wan' be useful.."
Hera picked up Ezra. "Listen here mister you make this team happy which helps us move along, without us we'd all be grumpy trolls living in a cave" she held Ezra close and smiled.
Ezra giggled a little "Ok I'll stay with mummy.. but daddy you have to pwomise to come back." He sat in Heras lap and gave Kanan a hug.
Kanan ruffled Ezra's hair. "Don't worry buddy we will make it back in one piece, I promise.."
//time skip to after the mission//
"Spector 2! It's bad really bad! Spector 1 got hit repeat Spector 1 got hit!" Sabine shouted through he com in a worried voice.
Ezra stirred in his sleep and woke up. He heard Sabine and whimpered. "D-Daddy got hurt...?"
Hera ruffled Ezra's hair. "Just.. don't worry ok sweetie.." she smiled sadly at Ezra and took off the ship into hyper space. Hers held Ezra's hand and ran to the med bay to see kanan.
Ezra rubbed his eyes and climbed up onto Kanan's bed. "Daddy...?" He whimpered.
Sabine and Zeb walked up to Ezra. "I don't think he can hear you kid.. why don't we take you back to bed.." Zeb said softly.
Ezra teared up. "No I need to see daddy wake up.. he-he can't g-go" he cried.
Hera picked Ezra up and looked at Zeb and Sabine sadly. "Why don't you guys go sleep you look pretty beat.. don't worry I'll look after Ezra..."
Sabine and zeb nod leaving the room.
'I'm bad luck all I do is cause why family trouble.. I'm just a mistake.." Ezra thought as he cried into Hera's shoulder staying silent.
Hera rubbed Ezra's back and sighed. "It's going to be ok Ezra.. kanan will make it through this..." she sighed as a single tear fell from her eye...
//3 days later//
Hera sighed and held Kanan's hand. "I'm glad your awake... maybe you could get Ezra to finally speak..." she smiled sadly.
Kanan looked at her confused. "He hasn't been speaking..?" He sat up gently and looked around for Ezra.
Hera shook her head. "He's been very quiet and he's only really talking to me.. he hasn't really slept well either.."
Kanan sighed and saw Ezra come in. "Hey buddy.."
Ezra looked up. "Daddy!" He said quietly but loud enough for them to hear. Ezra then jumped onto kanan hugging him tight. 'Maybe all I need is my family.. the nightmares may bother me but I have my parents to help.." Ezra thought and cuddled closer to Kanan and Hera smiling softly.