Another capture

NOPOV

It has been a couple of months since Kanan was taken by the empire and Ezra, well he wasn't the same. He didn't talk, didn't eat much and practically just stayed close to Hera all day everyday.
One day Ezra found something from an imperial which included Kanan's current location of where he was being held, but there was also a plan saying they needed to capture Ezra.
Hera sighed and looked at her crew with Ezra in her lap.
"We need a well thought out plan, I'm pretty sure the inquisitor will be there making sure kanan can't escape.." she said softly.
Ezra just stared at the picture of kanan in the imperial cell and began to cry.
Hera shushed Ezra and held him close. "It's ok sweetie it's ok.." she cooed
"I want daddy.." he cried into Heras chest gaining sad looks from the crew.
Sabine sighed grabbing her mask. "Well we better hurry.. for all we know they could be trying to kill him by now.." she said putting on her mask as the crew got ready.

//later//

Hera sat there with tears in her eyes. 'How could I be so stupid?' She thought as the memory of what happened played in her mind.
Flashback:

Hera was holding Ezra's hand as she and her crew ran towards the docking bay due to being caught trying to save kanan. Ezra teared up and used the force to push away the storm troopers but got grabbed by the inquisitor. The boy saw his Mum run back but shook his head crying. "No mummy!" He cried scared out of his mind as he was dragged away.
"NOO!" Hera shouted and had to be dragged back to the ship so that they could make their escape.
End of flashback
"Hera... it wasn't you fault.." Zeb said calmly putting a hand on Hera's shoulder.
Hera cried softly. "He's only 5 Zeb, w-what if they hurt him..."
Sabine and Zeb looked at one another sadly.

//meanwhile on the imperial ship//

The inquisitor thrown a beaten Ezra inside the same cell as kanan. "Master Jedi.. looks like you have a visitor.." he laughed and walked away.
Kanan jerked his eyes open and looked where the inquisitor had thrown the boy and his eyes widened in shock.
"Ezra.. Ezra look it's daddy.. come here baby boy.." he said softly opening his arms.
Ezra looked at kanan and ran to him ignoring the pain and held onto him as tight as he could. He cried and started to shake. "P-a" Ezra struggled to speak and whimpered.
Kanan rubbed his back softly and held him close. "Don't worry I'm here... I'm here..." he cooed and rested his heads on top of Ezra's.
Ezra sniffled but continued to shake and hissed in pain as Kanan rubbed his hand over one of the wounds the inquisitor gave him.
"How long have you been here" kanan said quickly examining the wound
Ezra whimpered and put up a hand to say a day or to.
Kanan lifted an eyebrow. "Buddy can you not speak?" He said with sorry in his tone.
Ezra looked at kanan with tears in his eyes and held onto him tighter not wanting to let go. He heard someone come in the room and started to scream.
The storm trooper grabbed Ezra as they took kanan.
Ezra cried harder reaching for kanan.
"Shut up you little brat" one of the storm troopers said throwing Ezra back in the room as they went to go interrogate kanan again.
Kanan groaned as they made him walk on his weak legs to the room.
The inquisitor walked in smirking at kanan. "Here we are again, you know you wouldn't be like this if you just told us where your rebel base was.. but this time we will make the torture harder for you.." he clicked his fingers as they brought in a whimpering Ezra.
Kanan started at Ezra in shock. 'Had they just beaten him up, again!? What is wrong with them he's just a kriffing kid!' He shouted in his mind and growled at the inquisitor.
"You let him go! He has done nothing against you!" Kanan screeched.
"Then tell me where your base is and I will let the boy go.." he said smirking.
"I'm not making deals with bucket heads like you!" Kanan Shot back.
"Very well" the inquisitor said as the troopers shocked Ezra.
"Pa-pa!" Ezra screamed in pain as the troopers shocked him. He soon blacked out after being shocked so many times in that hour. Ezra felt himself back in Kanan's arms as he heard, crying?. He snuggled closer to the guys chest and whimpered waking up.
Kanan gasped and hugged Ezra tighter. "Oh my stars your ok! Ezra I need you to listen to me good.. what ever you do don't tell the Empire anything! Stay strong and one day we will get out.." he said sternly.
Ezra teared up whimpering. "P-promise Papa?" He croaked.
Kanan felt his heart shatter when Ezra spoke and kissed his fore head.
"I promise.. now get some sleep.." he cooed humming a lullaby in Ezra's ear satisfied when he fell asleep a few moments later.
"I hope we aren't in here for long... if I can't cope how will Ezra..." he thought as a single tear fell from his cheek.
"I can't let them hurt him anymore.." he growled as he felt darkness flow through him. 'No!' He thought. 'Don't let it take over.. stay strong.. for Ezra..'
kanan was soon snapped out of his thoughts as he felt someone come closer to him. He smiled and lay down on the bed holding Ezra close to him.
"I'm never going to let you go.." he whispered in Ezra's ear smiling when the boy emerged closer to him.