Flashback 1 >> the kid

NOPOV

Ezra cooed sleepily and looked up to see sabine standing over his crib. He made a confused noise and stared wide eyed at her.
"Aweee.. your so tiny.. did you wear mummy and daddy out last night hm?" Sabine smiled and held Ezra's small hand.
Ezra giggled and sat up in his crib holding Sabines hand.
Zeb came in and chuckled. "Never thought you'd get attached to the kid." He smirked at sabine but frowned when she pulled her hand fast from Ezra. "Uhh sabine.." He said seeing Ezra's state.
Sabine looked confused but her expression turned to guilt at she looked at Ezra. He looked hurt but he soon clarified it.
Ezra began to cry and Sabine and Zeb started to argue in the room which made him cry louder.
Chopper saw kanan and Hera stir awake and rolled angrily to Zeb and Sabine zapping them out of the room. He warbled annoyed and rolled up to Ezra.
Ezra looked down at chopper with tears rolling down his cheeks. He tried to stand up so that he could climb out of his crib but he failed and kept falling on his bottom. Ezra soon gave up and whimpered but not soon after Hera came in looking really tired.
Chopper pulled her leg and warbled annoyed at her that she should be in bed and tried to drag her back.
Ezra looked at Hera, his lower lip trembling as fresh tears fell from his eyes. He reached for her despite the droid pulling her away.
Hera picked up Ezra. "Chopper stop it.. I'll go back to sleep just let me calm down Ezra.." she yawned and rocked Ezra trying to get him to sleep.
Ezra stopped crying but held onto Hera's shirt. "Am-ma.." he babbled giggling.
"I suppose you can just come with me and kanan..." she smiled tiredly at Ezra and walked into her room and crawled back in bed next to kanan.
Kanan awoke slightly. "Hera..?" He asked groggily.
Ezra crawled onto Kanan's chest and put his hands on Kanan's nose.
Hera tried not to laugh but failed letting out a couple of giggles.
Kanan opened one eye and saw Ezra. He smiled and placed him back in between Hera and himself. He then looked at Hera with a look as if saying 'what happened?'
Hera sighed. "Zeb and Sabine argued, it upset Ezra and he felt lonely when they left, he tried to get to chopper but kept falling so I just brought him here.." she said and smiled and Ezra hid under the blankets.
Kanan pulled Ezra out despite his protests and wrapped a mini blanket around him tucking in him so he couldn't move.
Ezra didn't like this so he started to squirm and whimper. He soon lost his battle and just fell asleep and Hera and kanan joined him not long after.

//time skip//

Once kanan and Hera woke up the crew had a briefing about what they were going to do on there next supply mission. They were all interrupted when a small Ezra crawled into the room holding Kanan's lightsaber in his mouth giggling.
"Kanan? Isn't that your saber thing?" Sabine said looking at Zeb worried.
Hera gasped and picked up Ezra trying to get it off him. She soon won and snatched it off him. "Ezra do you not realise how hurt you could have been if this opened!" Hera shouted a little.
Ezra flinched and started to bawl his eyes out.
Kanan sighed and picked up Ezra and his lightsaber. "Hera He is Ok.. he's only a kid he doesn't know what it is.."
Zeb looked at sabine and she nodded. "Me and Sabine will go prep the phantom.." he said walking out with Sabine.
Ezra sniffled and buried his face in Kanan's chest whimpering.
Hera sighed and rubbed the bridge of her nose. "Ok.. I overreacted a little.. but please put them in a safe place dear.."
Ezra giggled softly as he used his Jedi powers to float Kanan's holocron in the air opening it a little bit.
Hera and kanan watched Ezra in shock as he opened the holocron with the message for the Jedi in it.
Ezra made a confused noise as the holocron dropped to the floor when it finished.
Kanan giggled and lifted Ezra up to his chest. "Well, that proves that he is a Jedi now.."
Hera giggled and ruffled Ezra's hair. "I guess so.. but watch that light saber kanan.. please.." she sighed as she went to the phantom to get ready for the mission.
"What am I going to do with you?" Kanan joked to Ezra.
Ezra looked up at kanan and smiled innocently.
Kanan laughed and walked to the phantom to meet the others.
Ezra buried his face in Kanan's chest and fell asleep making everyone laugh.
"He opened a holocron and fell asleep.. maybe that message bored him kanan" Zeb laughed and Sabine followed.
Kanan glared at the two along with Hera. But they soon rolled their eyes and lay Ezra down.
"He sure is a handful ain't he, reminds me of someone I use to know.." Hera said taking the phantom towards Lothal's centre.