p r o l o g u e

A/N: This under construction btw (to make everything more in character).
Enjoy!

Prologue

Plain, normal. These were words, that people would use to describe one Izuku Midoriya.

But they didn't know the hell fire that raged behind those emerald green eyes.

What fuels the flames, you may ask?

Many things:

Rage. Sparked by tragedy,

Determination. Sparked by the victim of the tragedy,

And Disappointment. Sparked by life throwing him countless curveballs.

One of those curveballs. Was tragedy.

All wrapped up in a blood red bow, waiting for when he least expected it.

For when he had hope.

For when he had someone to rely on.

For when for once in his life, he didn't think the world was against him.

But life threw another curveball.

That curveball hurt... more than usual.

+=+=+=+=+

He was used to the occasional taunt from his childhood tormenter.

The occasional punch.

The occasional kick.

The occasional crushing of his dreams.

Maybe not occasional... but they recovered.

But not everything does.

He believed that life had already thrown everything at him.

Boy was he wrong.

Life hadn't even begun.

+=+=+=+=+

"K-kacchan! Can't we just talk this out for once?" Izuku asked nervously, being backed into a corner of a dark alleyway.

It was starting to get dark, around 8:00pm and our quirkless green-haired boy was cornered by Katsuki Bakugo and two of his lackeys in an alleyway. Not too far from the Midoriya residence.

No doubt Inko, his dear mother, would get worried.

That is... under normal circumstances.

"Fuck no! You scored higher than me on that shitty math test today and applied for fucking UA!" He spat with an aura of hatred radiating out of him like the sun. Small, budding explosions started to spray out of his hands.

"I didn't mean t-to of-offend you, Kacchan! I swear!" The victim stuttered out," Maybe next time you should study," He mumbled the last part so Kacchan didn't hear it. His lackeys did and they snickered quietly, making Izuku grin a bit at his bully's obliviousness when he was in his 'rage tantrums' Izuku called it.

"Are you... looking down on me?!" The angry blonde questioned, his explosions becoming bigger and more intimidating.

Izuku mentally facepalmed at the hole he was digging for himself.

Izuku wanted to say,' HELL YEA! You blonde porcupine!' but he couldn't because he was pretty sure Kacchan would faint out of pure rage and kill him later. So instead, he tried to act scared some more to get him off his back.

"Nonono. O-of course n-not! It's just been my lifelong dream to become a great hero!" The quirkless middle schooler exclaimed, frantically waving his hands. He internally groaned but managed to keep it in. Ever since All Might (his favourite superhero and number one hero) told him that he couldn't be a hero, it was harder for him to believe in his dream.