t w o | police

Chapter 2: The Police

"Izuku," He said," Call me Izuku Midoriya"

"All right Midoriya, call me if you need anything and meet me here tomorrow at five in the morning," All for one stated, patting Izuku's head and walking backwards.

"I will," Izuku said with a smile.

"Alright, until then," He said as he walked backwards into a misty purple and black portal.

'Cool! That must be his quirk!' Izuku thought.

It was almost nine o'clock and was dark but Midoriya could still see properly enough.

So, he started his trek home.

He was walking on the sidewalk when a man probably in his mid-30's bumped into him, knocking him to the ground.

He had pale verging on slight yellow skin and was dressed in an all black hoodie with black pants, sneakers and his hands were in his pockets. Izuku didn't see his hair but he swore he saw a couple of light blue hair strands poking out. But it was unusual to have such a hair colour, but he did have natural green hair to be fair.

He said nothing as he looked back with a large sadistic grin that made Izuku's spine tingle and his hair stand on end. That smile was etched into his mind and he would never forget it.

Until he saw it again, of course.

His eyes were bloodshot as they peeked out from under the darkness his hoodie made. They stared into his soul as he chuckled lightly and continued to walk off.

The green haired middle schooler was frozen in shock and fear.

Who was that guy?

Why did he look at him like that?

Why did he act like he knew something that he didn't?

Questions echoed throughout his head as he shook his head and recovered from his temporary shock.

He got up, only to see that the man was long gone.

That wouldn't be the last time they saw each other, though.

He couldn't help but feel like something was off.

He'd gone through a lot today, so he brushed it off as if it was nothing, to not add to his stress and anxiety.

But it was something.

A very big something.

An important something.

But just like everything else... it was ignored.

Overlooked.

Forgotten.

But not completely.

Because a certain someone won't make the same mistake twice.

+=+=+=+=+

He walked up to his front door and was about to fish out his keys from his pockets, when he noticed something.

Creak

The door was unlocked.

'Maybe mom just forgot to close it,' He thought nervously.

But he knew that he was wrong.

His mom was the most thorough person he knew: he didn't know a lot of people.

But still.

He remembered when she insisted on setting up a security camera system saying,' You can never be too careful, Izu!'