VI

Chapter VI. Bedivere

I love you more than anyone in the world.

Arturia's blue-green eyes opened thanks to the rays of sunlight that seeped through the windows of the room. She didn't remember her dream at all, but that final sentence echoed in her head again and again.

She got out of bed to get ready for the start of her classes. It was usually the first to get ready, but the last to leave. Maybe she took her time to think a little about what happened in her life. After a bath, she put on parts of her uniform, such as her skirt and shirt, to start combing her hair the way she always tied it. The red ribbon didn't sit well with her, because Arturia's color was always blue. She envied the Ravenclaws a bit for wearing such a beautiful color in their uniform.

She looked at all her housemates getting ready quickly to not be late, while Arturia took her time to finish getting ready. As every morning the girls said goodbye, leaving Arturia looking at herself in the mirror.

"What was I dreaming?" She thought while combing the strands that framed her face a little.

Trying not to think about it, she left the Gryffindor common room to go to the Defense Against the Dark Arts class. It seemed a very interesting class, although sometimes a bit tedious depending on the teacher's mood.

"Arturia, good morning." Cedric greeted with a friendly smile.

"Good morning, Cedric". She greeted too. "Are we going to class together?"

At the proposal the chestnut boy nodded smiling more widely. He no longer denied that Arturia had conquered him in the month she had been at Hogwarts. It was amazing to see how she had characteristics of all the houses, he was even disappointed that she wasn't chosen for Hufflepuff, although it was more than enough for him to see her every day during the classes.

Potions. The class wasn't so tedious since Snape had clarified the suspicions, that while they were right, she managed to convince him that it wasn't. Clearly he was still the bad-tempered professor, but at least he didn't seem to want to discover all the secrets of her soul with that penetrating gaze.

Snape was standing next to a cauldron covered by a handkerchief, with his hands behind his back and the same face of eternal happiness that he always had. Once they were all inside, he uncovered the cauldron. Inside was a potion with pearly luster and steam rising in spirals.

"You know what it is? " The professor asked.

"Amortentia. It is the most powerful love potion that exists, creating an obsession in the person who drinks it to the one who gave it to them". Answered one of Arturia's classmates. "It's necessary to take it daily so that false love will be maintained."

Arturia thought that it wasn't the most powerful love potion that existed. She knew the recipe for a more powerful one that had a permanent effect if a special condition was not met. Merlin had taught it, but then it was banned and never heard from that potion again.

"Well, as you may know, the Amortentia has a special smell for each person, depending on what they like. For this class we will go one by one to smell it and write an essay of what you smelled and what it means to you."

Immediately everyone in the room lined up, eager to know what they were going to smell. Arturia's turn came and nervously approached the cauldron, bent to be able to perceive the smell. The scent that she perceived was quite peculiar; It smelled of a metal, perhaps silver, accompanied by a barely perceptible scent of lavender and grass, and she could smell perfectly ripe apples. She recognized that fragrance at once, it was a fragrance that she hadn't smelled long ago. Without realizing it, some tears came out of her eyes, moistening her rosy cheeks.

"Arturia, you're crying." Cedric said worried. "You're ok?"

The woman touched her cheeks noticing that they were wet.

Everyone was quite surprised to see her cry, even Professor Snape. Cedric approached her to hug her in order to give her comfort.

"Bedivere." She thought that name. She remembered her dream then.

Under a large tree the body of Arturia Pendragon was very wounded by the battle, her loose hair was disordered by the breeze that snorted. In front of her was his first and most faithful knight, who had Excalibur in his hands, with his beautiful features showing his concern for the king and his beautiful platinum hair being also stirred by the wind.

Arturia closed her eyes after making the request to Bedivere to deliver Excalibur to the Lady of the Lake, the last thing she saw, the charming face of Bedivere.

He approached her, while his violet eyes covered with tears and his face showed the pain he was feeling at that moment.

"Even at the end of your life you could not tell me the truth." He sobbed. "My Arthur, my beautiful Arthur. I could never see your wonderful smile, I could never see the human side of you and I could never confess my feelings." He left Excalibur aside and embraced the king's body "You're the only woman I've ever loved and I love you more than anyone in the world."

"I love you too, Bedivere." She thought as she hugged the Hufflepuff boy tightly.

She hadn't realized how much she came to love him until the day of her death, when his lovely face was what she appreciated before she died and remained in her memory. The most loyal of her knights, who was with her from start to finish. She loved him, she really did and; Even now, she still loved him.