XVIII

Chapter XVIII. Gossip.

Arturia couldn't believe what she was reading in The Prophet, how could anyone have the nerve to write something like that?

Arturia Pendragon, the imposter who claims to be goddaughter of Albus Dumbledore, romantically involved with Cedric Diggory in a relationship composed of lies. It's very certain that Miss Pendragon seeks to get involved with the Hogwarts champion in order to get the attention that her supposed godfather cannot give her. She denies in front of her own father-in-law not being in a relationship with the boy because of the shame she feels about her boyfriend being overshadowed by the 12-year-old Harry Potter.

A loud thump sounded at the Gryffindor table, while Arturia rolled that newspaper.

"How dare that gossip woman to say that about me?! I am an honest and sincere woman!" She snapped with annoyance clenching her fists.

"Nobody believes in these gossip, only people as gossips as she. First of all, what is it based on to say that you aren't Dumbledore's goddaughter?" Ron said quietly while eating some chicken.

"It's because they haven't written about you, that's why you're so calm." Hermione said annoyed, since they also made an article about her.

A heavy sigh came from Arturia's lips as she calmly got up from the table. She knew that everything was a lie, but it angered her to say blasphemies about her.

"Ugh, seriously I would like to be fired for something like that, although there is nothing I can do." She thought as she walked through the corridors.

She was so deep in her thoughts that she came back to reality only when she hit someone, causing her to lose her balance and almost fall, but that person took her by the hip, preventing her from falling.

"Pendragon."

"P-Professor Snape." She murmured while her cheeks flushed. "I am really sorry, professor. I am always causing you discomfort." She moved away from him a little.

"It seems that it has become a routine." He commented sarcastically. "You should give me the title of 'professional savior' "

Arturia released a slight laugh for the comment and understanding Snape's mood then. Her bright blue-green eyes then faded a little as she remembered the odious article.

"It seems you have been bothered by the article that came out in The Prophet. The fact that she meddles in you relationship with Mr. Diggory and blaspheming it is sure to frustrate you."

"He and I are not a couple." She said quickly denying with her hands.

"Then you shouldn't lend yourself to misunderstandings." Suggested the master before leaving the girl alone.