XI

Chapter XI. Start of Special Training

Arturia walked through the corridors following Dumbledore. She didn't know exactly where they were going, they even seemed to have no particular direction, they simply walked randomly through the corridors.

In one of the lonely corridors, a door appeared on the wall. The older man told the blonde to come in and she obey. She saw that it was a completely empty room, with some mirrors and very spacious.

"This training room only appears when someone needs it" Albus explained before the inquisitive look of the king. "Your wand, please."

Arturia took out the wand she had bought at Ollivander's when she had just started the course at Hogwarts. This was black walnut wood, measuring 10 ¼, its core was dragon heart and had incredible flexibility.

"Very good. I guess you know how to do very basic spells that teach in Charms class". Arturia nodded. ",then you should start with a simple enchantment pair. We could start with the Expelliarmus and the Desmaius." The headmaster proposed.

"You are the wise magician here, I am only a novice." The girl said as she placed her hands behind her back. "I'm better at duels with weapons and from body to body, not with enchantments."

"Then I'll explain what each one consists of." Dumbledore said "The Expelliarmus enchantment, is used to disarm the opponent or send him to fly, while the Desmaius stuns the opponent to unconsciousness." He explained.

"I understand." It was what came out of the king's lips.

"You must understand that this is going to mean you get hurt."

"I know, godfather, but there's no sense in training if it does not feel like something real."

"Before that, there is something that belongs to you." The old man said as he took something from a closet.

Arturia recognized Avalon in Dumbledore's hands and took it. Her eyes went to him. She didn't say anything, she just closed her eyes before Avalon turned a golden light that gradually entered her belly until disappearing, Avalon was back and sheltered.

"Thanks, Albus, I really needed it." She said with a very slight smile.

"Well, let me show you, ready?"

"Ready"

"Expelliarmus!". A whitish ray issued from Dumbledore's wand until Arturia's wand was snatched away. "Desmaius." Arturia was then fired towards the other side of the room, with a strong blow on the floor.

The king remained on the ground, not moving, seeming to be unconscious. Albus approached her in order to check if she was okay, until he saw her moving little by little, regaining consciousness. The pure magic of Avalon had avoided the optimum effect of enchantment.

The headmaster helped her to rejoin, although in a short time the blonde was as good as new.

"Now, it is necessary that you know the movement that this entails. The Desmaius is very easy, you only need to move the wand vertically." Explained Albus indicating with his own wand.

"like this?" Arturia asked imitating him. "It's pretty simple."

"Yes, although it is powerful."

"I know." Arturia lowered her hand "and the Expelliarmus?"

"That is a bit more complicated, because you have to make a vertical movement and then a small whirlpool. Right in this way." He explained making the hand move.

Arturia imitated him. She stopped, remembering at once something she had learned from Merlin many years ago, but which in her memory was as fresh as if it had just happened.

"Can I try something, godfather?" Arturia asked as she turned to see him.

"Of course, as long as it helps you with this." Dumbledore conditioned.

"It will." She said. "Throw me a Desmaius." She asked.

"Are you sure about that, Arturia?"

"Completely. Now, attack me."

"Desmaius!" The blue light came out of Dumbledore's wand shot towards her.

Arturia concentrated on that light that was aimed at her with speed. In a thousandth of a second she raised her wand, making the "alpha" symbol.

"Tabulae Novae!" She claim.

The light of the Desmaius stopped until it finally disappeared completely.

"Merlin's beard, Arturia! How have you learned that?" Asked the old headmaster surprised and fascinated.

"The one who taught it to me was who you just mentioned." She answered with a nostalgic smile. "The memories about when Merlin showed me his spells come to my mind. He taught me several very useful ones. The Tabulae Novae, the cancellation spell, has been created to cancel any enchantment spell, no matter what it is." She looked at her wand.

"Without a doubt Merlin was a genius. It was evident that you would learn his spells better than anyone else, even trusting in you more his spells than in Nimuhé."

"Unfortunately, I died before I knew what was about Merlin."  Arturia expressed sadly. "Let's continue practicing."

For about an hour, Arturia and Dumbledore practiced those two spells until Arturia managed to do both against a doll that was there. She believed that if Merlin were seeing her, he would be very proud of her.