VII

Chapter VII. Something in common.

The class of potions had ended and the students left the dungeons, just to enjoy the break. Except for Arturia, to whom Cedric had brought a glass of water to calm her down.

"Mr. Diggory, I'd like to talk to Miss Pendragon alone. Retire." Snape ordered.

The brown haired guy gave one last look to the blonde before leaving the room. Arturia took from the water while drying her tears with a handkerchief that was borrowed by the Diggory.

"In my years of teaching I had never seen anyone react in that way with the Amortentia." The black-haired man crossed his arms and kept standing in front of the woman's desk.

"Professor, have you ever lost someone important?" Arturia asked, while her blue-green eyes looked at the potions teacher.

That question caught him off guard and caused his chest to tighten as he remembered his beloved Lily Evans.

"Why the question, Miss Pendragon?"

"When I approached to smell the Amortentia, what I perceived was the scent of someone who is no longer in this world, I did not see him again and it was my fault. He was the most kind and loyal man I ever met, always being by my side no matter what. I thought that what I felt for him was not going to last for long, but ... I realized today that I still love him." She smiled sadly looking down. "What I regret most was not letting him know how I felt because the insecurity I felt in myself. I thought I was doing the right thing then, but I was wrong." A tear ran down her right cheek.

Then the teacher realized that Arturia passed and went through a similar situation to his. He also regretted not having the courage to express to Lily how much he loved her and that he would never see her again.

He remained silent as he watched the young woman wipe her face with the handkerchief, trying not to have to think so much about it. It seemed that sharing that with someone did her good and made her lose the weight of guilt from her shoulders.

Snape realized that she was so small and frail now that he noticed it; however, her blue-green eyes were fierce and reflected maturity, her face was always serene and showing confidence, her steps always sure of herself worthy of royalty. All that make the male eyes turn in her direction. At the time she was there she was never so vulnerable and sentimental, she always showed to be strong and to have conviction. Someone so young shouldn't carry so much weight on her shoulders. Seeing her in that state was strange.

"Losing the person you love is hard, Miss Pendragon. But you have to overcome it." Snape said. Maybe he should take his own advice too. "You will get another person to love, it's a matter of time."

Severus had no idea of ​​all the remorse that stabbed Arturia's head constantly. Her whole life was a waste, she didn't achieve anything, she didn't do the right things, she wasn't worthy; or at least that's what she thought. If she could go back to the past and change everything, she would.

"Have you achieved, profesor?" Asked Arturia. Snape didn't respond. "I have seen how you treat your students thanks to the frustration you feel because remember the love that never was; Then, you should do the same. Although we are not the same age, that is not important. You still have time to find someone you could love. Although it will be difficult for both, you and me, especially when the feelings I have for him continue to burn like an intense flame in my heart."

He didn't expect that girl had anything in common with him and in a way that make him feel understood, which hadn't come to experience since Lily's death.

The blonde got up from her desk taking her things and the empty glass tumbler in which she had drunk water.

"The talk has made me feel better, professor. Thank you." Arturia said with gratitude in her voice making a gesture with her head to express it. Without saying anything else, she left the dungeons.

"Arturia, are you better?" Asked the chestnut boy seeing her arrive at the Herbology classroom shortly before the class began.

"Yes. Talking with Professor Snape has made me vent all those worries. Thank you for caring about me, Cedric, you have really been a great friend." Arturia said smiling at the young man, while sitting next to him.

Cedric's heart almost broke when he knew that she considered him only a friend. Although his initial intentions were simply to form a friendship, he was inevitably attracted to her. All those qualities that everyone admired about her also admired him, although with him she had come to show a warmer side. A sigh came from his lips as he glanced sideways at the golden-haired woman. He had a certain fear and insecurity of inviting her to go out with him, he didn't want their friendship to be ruined knowing that she didn't see him more than a friend.