XIII

Chapter XIII. Four Champions?

It was the day when the names of the champions of each school would be known. Cedric was extremely nervous, because he really wanted to be part of that tournament, mainly to put the name of the Hufflepuff house on high.

"Do not worry Cedric, even if your name does not come out at least you know you had the courage to do it." Arturia encouraged him placing a hand on his shoulder and smiling.

"I know, but I really want to participate, show the worth of the Hufflepuffs and give the victory to Hogwarts." The boy said as he walked towards the dining room.

"I believe that you will be the Hogwarts champion. Something tells me that's the way it is." She commented while walking beside him.

Both separated their ways to go to their respective table, watching many anxious to know the name of those chosen for the tournament.

Finally Dumbledore arrived, announcing that it was time to announce the three champions of each school. With his wand he extinguished the torches that illuminated the dining room. The fire of the goblet turned a scarlet red, before expelling a small paper and returning to its blue tone.

"The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum." Dumbledore announced. The aforementioned celebrated with his companions. Then the goblet threw out another paper. "The champion of Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour." Already the third paper was expelled by the reddish flame. "The champion of Hogwarts is Cedric Diggory."

Arturia smiled as she watched him, applauding. She was extremely happy for him, having managed to be the representative of Hogwarts. Cedric looked at her with a cheerful smile as he went to the room where the other two champions were.

"Excellent! We already have the three champions, but only one will write their name in the story, only one will raise this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory, the cup of the Triwizard Tournament!"

Minister Crouch then revealed a crystal cup shining in a blue light. That cup fascinated many, it was extremely beautiful and it would undoubtedly be an honor for anyone to raise it announcing the victory.

In a strange way, again the fire of the goblet began to change, which managed to surprise everyone present. Again the scarlet flame threw a piece of parchment, which Dumbledore took to read the name.

"Harry Potter." He mumbled "Harry Potter." He called looking everywhere.

Arturia watched as the young man in glasses tried to hide among his companions. His expression of surprise and bewilderment were genuine.

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore exclaimed. He was quite angry.

"Go Harry." Hermione said as she pushed him slightly.

The boy timidly got up, while everyone started muttering under the breath, saying some terrible things about him. Arturia looked at him pitifully. With that expression she could see that Harry was innocent and he was as confused as everyone else.

The blonde looked at Cedric, who seemed a little annoyed because the famous Harry Potter was also going to participate. He was frustrated, since he believed that it was he who would raise his school and again the great Harry Potter again gave something to talk about. He felt dull.

Arturia decided not to talk about it, knowing that Cedric was quite sensitive about the matter. Almost all Hogwarts had turned against Harry Potter for something he didn't do, which disappointed Arturia a bit.

The blonde went to Dumbledore's office, who was looking towards the Pensieve. He wasn't alone, professors McGonagall and Snape were there, too.

"Arturia, dear." Minerva said while turning to see her.

"Sorry to come without warning. It is better to come at another time." The young blonde girl said embarrassed, backing away.

"No need, dear. Please come." Dumbledore called to her.

"I see that this situation has you tense too." The blonde said closing the door and approaching her godfather. "I'm very worried about Harry, I do not know if it's prudent for him to participate." She commented.

"At last someone understands my point!" Professor McGonagall exclaimed. "Mr. Potter isn't a piece of flesh, it's very dangerous for him."

"The decision of the goblet is final, there is nothing I can do." Said the headmaster while returning to Pensieve.

Arturia remained silent, biting her lower lip gently.

"Is not there some way I can take his place?" Arturia asked looking at the old man.

"Merlin's beard! How do you think of such a thing, Arturia?! I have forbidden you to participate in the tournament because I care about you and I will not let you get involved in this!" Dumbledore scolded as he took his goddaughter by the shoulders "Is the final decision"

"I understand." She looked down. "Then, I will do everything in my power to support Harry. I know he is innocent. When I saw him, his bewildered and confused expression was genuine, he was just like all of us and I hate that there are prejudices about him. I know what it is that others doubt you."

None of the professors said anything; however, Severus kept looking at the blonde. Her security, her nobility and the way in which she expressed herself. Many times she spoke with wisdom, confidence and severity. It was strange that a student became so attractive, it was inevitable. Many times he wondered if she really hadn't bewitched him, but discarded the idea because he was still very aware of everything.

"You seem to feel something for Mr. Potter, miss Pendragon." The Potions master commented in a sarcastic way, although he really came to feel disgusted by the fact that she was so worried about the young man in glasses.

"Do not get me wrong, professor. Harry is a good friend and a great guy, but I would not see him as anything else. I'm just worried because he's very young and it is not his fault that he is wrapped up in this." She answered while her eyes turned to the black-haired man.

Ah, there it was again. Direct, confident and sincere. Snape keep silence, while mantain his dark eyes from those charming blue-green color. Arturia Pendragon, the only one capable of breaking the walls that Severus had built.