XII

Chapter XII. The hill of Camlann

It was the first time that her group would receive Defense Against the Dark Arts with the new and crazy professor, Alastor Moody. She had heard from other students that his methods were practical and extremely useful, so Arturia was confident that she would learn enough from him.

"Arturia." Called Cedric's voice behind her back. "Good morning." He greeted with that kind smile.

"Good morning, Cedric." She greeted with a slight smile.

He walked by her side to the classroom while they talked about the new teacher, because like her classmates they had high expectations about him. Both entered, seeing some of their classmates talking and others coming after them. They noticed then that the desks had been stacked in one of the corners, while Alastor was waiting for everyone to arrive sitting on a trunk.

"Good morning students." Madeye greeted with that rough tone of voice of his. "It is the first time that I will teach classes to the sixth year, then being the elders we will use the practical method. Do you know what a Boggart is?"

A girl from Hufflepuff raised her hand, to which Moody gave the word.

"They are creatures that feed on fear. No one has ever seen its true form, for these take the appearance of your greatest fear." Answered.

"Correct!" The professor exclaimed. "These monsters are going to play with your mind, you will see your great nightmare in front of you and before fear you will be helpless, but of course there is a spell that will work. The old professor of Defense Against the Dark Arts taught them to the third year, it's time for you to know. This spell is called Ridiculus. The movement you should make with your hand is as follows." Moody explained while showing how it was right to do it. "Understood?"

Everyone remained in silence. At least Arturia had managed to understand it, although others of her companions didn't understand anything.

Alastor's face formed an expression of exasperation and he took his wand.

"Repeat all, Ridiculus!" Moody made the hand movement.

"Ridiculus!" They all exclaimed while imitating him.

"You have to say it with confidence or it will not work, Ridiculus!"

"Ridiculus!"

"It was not that bad. Again, Ridiculus!"

"Ridiculus!" Everyone returned to imitate him, this time letting go a little more and shouting with confidence.

"It will work." Expressed the teacher with conformity. "Now, who's going to face the Boggart first?" He asked while his magical eye looked at each one of them.

"Me, sir." Cedric offered to step forward.

The professor opened the trunk, from which Arturia came out full of knives, mutilated and with tears in her eyes. This surprised the blonde, seeing that Cedric's greatest fear was to see her dead.

"If only he knew." She thought looking down.

"Ridiculus!" The chestnut boy exclaimed while pointing his wand towards that hallucination.

Then a small version of Arturia dressed as a lion appeared in front of everyone. It was something really cute, so much that even made the blonde laugh.

Cedric returned to Arturia's side, but this time behaving in a more timid way since that illusion could give her a clue of what he felt. A soft, fleeting kiss landed on his cheek, while his eyes flipped toward the blonde.