secretum

(secret)

「dear vermilion.」

THE WORLD LOOKS DIFFERENT when there's a secret in the air. [y/n] isn't very good at keeping those, finding them floating out into the world as easily as a dandelion being pushed around by the spring breeze. she has to bite down on her tongue, lock her teeth shut to trap the bursting words from reaching rokku's ears.

so she settles for staring out of the large window in the kitchen, eyes seeing nothing and everything at the same time. the girl would often stand there, bare feet on the cold hardwood floor of her home, palms pressing up against the cool glass that separates her from the outside, both her savior and her killer. If she could, [y/n] thinks that she would stay there forever, taking in as much of the lush canopies of their neighbor's plants as she could, drinking in the subtle way grass bent over in the breeze and the fascinating way the sky would have a different color every day.

the vibrance is astounding and she presses back a disappointed sigh when her mother calls her away from the glass, holding up textbooks and worksheets that she had prepared—class is starting, what are you doing? And so, the young girl pulls herself away, leaving a lingering fingerprint smudged on the glass and a promise to return. she sits herself down on a stool, not really ready to do the work which lay on the counter.

she'd much rather daydream and wonder what it would feel like to catch a cloud and keep it like a pet. 

"[y/n]? did you finish your worksheet yet?"

she almost falls off of her chair, eyes wide and hands flinging outwards to catch herself with the edge of the marble kitchen counter. "no, not yet. sorry mother."

a sharp exhale hisses from behind her mother's teeth, a disruption of the silence where both females had previously been wading in. disappointment oozes from Rokku's pores. [y/n] can feel it, materializing then hardening into daggers that cuts across her skin. her face burns, the eyes of the elder boring holes though her spine.