virtus

(courage)

「dear seraphinite.」

EVER SINCE SHE HAD WRITTEN THAT FIRST LETTER TO VERMILION, she couldn't stop thinking about those U.A students. uniforms of forest green and cloudy grey, flashes of royal blue and white and crimson red replay in her memory, a song stuck in her head. like a mirage, an oasis amidst a sea of sand, she could see cement flying and cameras rumbling with the power of their quirks, dust clouds obscuring vision and flashing lights and screaming crowds in her mind's eye. 

the drops of shining sweat flying through the air—trophies, proof of hardships culminating into one golden moment where it was all worth it, it is all worth it to hear their shouts of triumph permeating the stadium's atmosphere alongside sighs of defeat and hardening resolve to do better next time ringing with her own. adrenaline pumps through veins, her heartbeat thumping as one with the competitors in a locked battle of power and intellect and will. 

she feels as if she is there with them. bone and blood, skin and spirit. 

[y/n] wants to be with them, wants to stand next to them as comrades. one day, maybe in another life, she'll stand across from them in the ring as a worthy obstacle to overcome. 

she wants to belong. 

 [y/n] had to be patient, to wait a while before opening her laptop to the marvelous world kept away from her because her mother had gotten the slightest bit suspicious with her reclusive personality. but all guard dogs had to rest at some point, and she finally gets a chance to write to vanilla after a chance encounter set the frenzy of thoughts and ambitions that had been previously been lying dormant into motion again. 

whatever time she has after finishing her studies and eating her meals is spent in her room under the guise of 'doing extra studying'. [y/n] would often look outside her window, eyes trained on the sidewalk below and the line of trees planted along the street. sometimes, if she craned her neck to the side enough, she could see the cream corner of her right neighbor's house, rimmed with white piping like a perfect gingerbread house with it's perfect gingerbread family. the family on the left covered up their existence with a layer of vegetation.