十五

[040114070518]

*

Flashover

[n] the moment when a conversation becomes alive and real, which occurs when a spark of trust shorts out the delicate circuits you keep insulated under layers of irony, momentarily grounding the static emotional charge you've built up through decades of friction with the world

see also;

[n] what [y/n] receives when her heart is filled with hope during a conversation with two aspiring heroes-to-be

—the dictionary of obscure sorrows

"OI, RAPUNZEL, I'M TALKING TO YOU!" a startlingly familiar voice bellowed from the sidewalk right beneath her window, which scared [y/n] so badly she soon found herself toppling over in her swivel chair, dazed eyes seeing nothing but stars swimming on her ceiling. They were pretty while they lasted, for the same glorious strains of japanese jolted her back to earth and sent her scrambling to her socked feet. "are you deaf or something?"

"Hey man, that's not cool at all. You can't talk to a girl like that!"

A second voice. Who—?

[y/n] cautiously leaned against her windowsill, peering out at her neighborhood. There was Bakugou with his usual scowling expression and his explosive looking hair, scarlet eyes threatening to cut up the teen standing beside him into ribbons of flesh and bone. Strangely enough, his companion laughed off all of his threats with an easy air and curved crescents of ruby. 

The two boys both had red eyes that were virtually of the same shade, but for some reason, [y/n] got totally different vibes from each tint. Bakugou's was terrifying enough to make her want to shut her curtains and cower in darkness to wait until his never-ending anger spluttered out (an event just about as unlikely as her disease being cured, or All Might stepping down from No.1 pro hero anytime soon), glaring and unforgiving. 

And if his eyes were the color of freshly spilled blood staining the sharp swords of knights valiant and dastardly alike, then the teen standing beside him was imbued with the vibrant, cheerful hues of cherries and watermelons in the summertime. He radiated kindness the same way Bakugou seethed with anger—and [y/n] was awed by how two boys similar yet polar opposites could possibly be out on a run together. 

At least, it seemed like it, since both teens were sporting workout clothes and running shoes. 

Then, the nicer looking guy happened to look up and catch her eye—an action that made [y/n] want to run and hide again not because she was terrified (although those teeth looked too sharp to not be some kind of hazard) but because her face was about the same color as his hair. 

wow he's cute and now I'm going to make a total fool out of myself and he's going to hate me and think i'm weird and then he's going to tell bakugou that and then bakugou's gonna laugh at me and then they'll leave and never come back to talk again and i'll die lonely—