Chapter 4: Tutoring

nick
                                                                                     chapter 4: tutoring

The weekend.

The days I usually didn't dread, but today I did.

I waited patiently by my front door, waiting for that "ear piercing" doorbell to sound and advise me that Satan herself was at my front door. I exhaled loudly, causing my dog, Oreo, to look at me. I smiled at her as she titled her head, almost as she knew I was nervous. I watched as she clomped over to me, and nuzzled my leg. I looked down at her and picked her up, scooping her into my arms and stroking her head.

"Oh Oreo. Being a dog is so easy. You don't have to worry about school nor tutor sessions, I wish I cou-"

Riiiiiiiing!

Well shit.

I looked down at Oreo, panicked, but I slowly inched closer to the door, when the terrible sound came again, causing me to jump, also making Oreo jump-- out of my arms. Wow, traitor.

Ok, stop being a baby.

I unlocked the front door and looked on as I saw Riley standing there, still looking like unicorn shit in a neon blue crop top and white jeans with blue sequins at 8:00 am. While for my part, I just had on a black t-shirt and black and white basketball shorts. I half heartedly smiled in an attempt to seem polite even if my nerves were eating themselves and me up. Damn, that would be a brutal death.

"Hi!"

"H-hey," I said, trying to be casual but failing miserably. I gestured to the inside of my house and awkwardly smiled.

"In, you want?" I asked. You dumbfuck, Nick, Yoda has job already. Riley giggled and I felt my cheeks heat up. "Uh, I meant, wanna come inside? Well I mean obvi-"

"Sure!" Riley said, a giggle coming out in the end. I smiled awkwardly, again, and turned to the side so Riley could pass. Once inside, I cringed. What if she thinks my house is ugly, messy? No, my house isn't that ba-

"So where would you like the teaching to happen?" Riley asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Uh..." Not my room, too messy... Not the living room, we might wake up my parents.. Uh... Shit shit shit just say something Nick! "My room is fine." Aaaand you chose the pigsty. Nice.

"Ok!" Riley said, standing there, waiting for me to lead her to me room.

"Oh, uh yea." I said as I turned to the stairs leading upstairs to my room. I started towards them, turning back to look at Riley. I smiled briefly before spinning around and heading up the stairs. Once at the top, I walk straight for a while, turn left to my room door and opened the door. My room reveals what seems a hoarders room. Stacks of homework on my bed, on my shelf, binders on the floor, my backpack at the doorway, making it extremely hard to open to door completely, a pile of dirty clothes on a chair near my desk, I can't even describe everything, it would take far too long. I turned around to face Riley and smiled sheepishly.

"Uh oh.. Spaghetti-O's..."

* * *

After nearly an hour of cleaning and picking up, I finally flopped on my bed, exhausted. Man, now I regret inviting her for tutoring... I'm too exhausted for that shit.

"So, still up for the lesson?" Riley said as she walked over to my bed and sat down gently. I sat up as she did and thought for a while. Well, I would feel bad that she came to my house for me to just tell her no.