Chapter 14: Date Night

nick
chapter 15: date night
N: About that date... 3:43
R: You were serious? 3:45
N: Well yea 3:45
R: omg!! 3:46
N: haha 3:46
R: should I get ready rn? 3:48
N: hold on, we have to arrange this 3:48
N: the cafe near the library is pretty calm always, so maybe we should go there? 3:49
R: yea... :D 3:49
N: hehe, I'll getcha at 4:00? 3:49
R: yep, cya bby 3:50

A smile etched across my face, reading the last word. This really was going somewhere. Anyhow, I cleared my throat and pushed myself off my bed walking to my dresser. I opened a random drawer, revealing my shirts with a very wide variety of colors, grey, darker grey, light black, black, and white!

I gotta at least make an effort to look good. I fished out a light blue t-shirt with a kinda minimalist drawing of a front pocket on it that I totally forgot about.

"Ooh!" I said, smiling at the shirt. I racked it across my arm and closed that drawer, moving on to another random one showing socks. "Hm, better find them since I'm at it now." I grabbed a random balled up pair and tucked it under my arm. I opened another drawer to show pants, with, alike the shirts, a wide variety of colors! Grey, darker grey, light black, black, and navy blue! I grabbed out one of my favorite pair of misty smoke colored pants and raked it across my arm as well. I closed the drawer and took a glance at my alarm clock on my dresser as I walked off to the edge of my bed.
3:51.

I quickly changed into my picked out clothes, leaving my pajamas tossed around my bed. I grabbed a random hoodie from my desk chair and tugged it over my head. I fished out my shoes from underneath my bed using my feet, yes, talent, and put them on. I glanced at my alarm through the hair covering my eyes. 3:54. I was a fairly quick changer, so that was expected. I combed my hands through my hair carelessly, I really couldn't give a fuck, my hair looked messy anyway. I grabbed my phone and keys from my nightstand and shoved them into my pockets. I took a last glance at the alarm. 3:58.

I walked out of my room, jumping from over the rail of my stairs to down the living room--I had done that so much that I always landed on my feet.

"Nicholas! How many times have I told y-" My mom scolded me as she came from the kitchen wiping her hands on her apron.

"I have to be somewhere!" I said before leaving out the door. Mom probably wondered where I was going, because being me, I went NOWHERE. Not even to the grocery store. But meh, I had no time for explanation. East 183 street. House last to the left. And with that, I began walking. Usually, every time I went outside it was pretty, well, normal, but today it was like the wind carried itself better today. It felt like a aura that only a Disney princess feels when she walks through the forest, all the birds chirping happily. It made me feel happier. Which was good for today. I must've gotten carried away, as I was nearly walking right past Riley's house. I did a double take back and just in time Riley came out.

"Hey, gorgeous!" I wasn't lying, she was wearing a white tube top with a ruffled collar, pink jeans with white laced trim at the ankles and waistband. She wore her hair tied up in a bun, thin curly strands falling out near her collarbones. She looked like such an angel. She smiled and put her hands up to her cheeks.

"Well, look at you, handsome!" She cooed, before tip-toeing over and lunging into my arms. I hugged her, tight. Her scent filled my nose, the smell of flowers.