Chapter 16: A Thing

riley
chapter 16: a thing

I was practically dragging Nick out of the class. I pushed him against the wall, a smirk etching on my lips.

"I'm planning." I said quickly.

"Ok..?" Nick was visibly confused as he messed with his hair. "You seemed so pumped about this, it better be good."

I smiled. "We should... Go to the movies! They're playing a new movie, Bubblegum!" Nicks face took less than a millisecond to drop to disappointment as I giggled. "After the movie it'll be good." I said, with a smirk. It took a while for it to click in his mind and he slapped my arm. I laughed out loud and winked at him.

"Ok, ok. I'll go because I love you." He said lovingly, leaning in to kiss my forehead. I smiled, feeling his warmth enveloping me. "Well, you gotta arrange the time!"

"Right. Erm, I wanna go at the latest time, which I think is 11:00. I'll pick ya up," I said. Nick hesitated a bit before he nodded.

"Ok." Nick said, smiling at me. Then, the bell rang and we both gave each other this look. I smiled and gestured towards the direction of our fifth period.

"We should get going." I said, and with that we were off.

* * *

6:46

The silverware clanked against each other and against dishes and I debated telling my family about Nick. Once the moving around settled, I knew my choice.

"You know about that one date I had?"

"Yea!" My nosy little sister, Olivia piped.

"Hush, I wasn't asking you." I could see she stuck out her tongue at me out of the corner of my eye but I decided to cut her some slack. I looked at mom, waiting for a answer.

"Yes...?" My mom questioned, bringing a spoonful of mashed potatoes to her mouth.

"Well, it's Nick Willow-"

"Nick Willow!?" My older brother, Damien, exclaimed from the other side of the table. I rolled my eyes and nodded once in a petty way. "He's that creeper quiet dude!" I gave him a death glare.

"No he isn't." I said, resisting the urge to hurl my plate at his face.

"Yes he-"

"SHUT UP!" I yelled, springing to my feet to threaten him. He just snickered and continued eating.

"Ok ok, enough." My dad said sternly. My mom was shaking her head slowly. She muttered something under her breath that I couldn't quite hear as I slumped back down in my chair and gave one last death glance to Damien.

"What were you saying, honey?" My mom asked me.

"Well... I've been going on dates with Nick Willow, not a creeper quiet dude, he's actually pretty sweet and.. I'm going on a second date with him!" It all came rushing out, like the words had been scooped out by a spoon. I read my moms face and she seemed happy, while my father looked upset.

"How great!" My mom said, smiling. I smiled back. "Where is he taking you?"

"More like were am I taking him," I corrected. "But I decided we should go to the movie theaters to see a new movie, Bubblegum."