Superman

*Jane's POV*

I was listening to my ipod on shuffle. All my worries gone. Just me, and the swing. Felt like I was flying.

"Tall, dark and super manly

Puts papers in his briefcase and drives away

To save the world or go to work

It's the same thing to me."

I opened my eyes just enough to notice,

my dog was gone.

"I watched Superman fly away

You've got a busy day today

Go save the world I'll be around."

I jumped of my swing in full height and landed with a  crash that made my ankles hurt desperately. But I could not afford to think about that right now. I ran, and ran until I reached a fork. My intuition said to go left, but I was always wrong so I went right.

"Tall, dark and beautiful

He's complicated, he's irrational

But I hope someday he'll take me away

And save the day, yeah."

My oxygen level was extremely low, and I could hardly breathe. My legs felt heavy as bricks. I crashed into a wall. As I was recovering and my breathing slowed. I realized it was not a wall. It was a boy. And he was talking. I pulled my ipod out of my pocket and pressed pause. He just stood there.

So I snapped. "What are you looking at?"

He just smiled. "Looking for this?"

He was holding my dog. Why had he got my dog? And why is he standing there grinning like an idiot. I slowly calmed down, and realize I should probably thank him. My dog was safe. My god if something had happened to her. I couldn't bare to think of it. So I got up slowly.

"Thank you." I smiled genially.

Rosie yelped and leaped out of his grip and I took her in my arms. She was licking my face, and I laughed. With her soft long fur, I felt like I was holding a cuddly teddy bear.

"You're hurt."

He was worried, I could see it in his beautiful green eyes. I looked down at my knees, they were all bloody and stones pierced deep into them from the fall. A dripping line of blood streaming down from my left knee. I shrugged.

"Oh, that nothing. I can barely feel it." I had an idea, I love making people feel guilty, and this one was cute. I could tell he didn't know who I was. So this might actually work. "It was kind of your fault you know, standing in the middle of the road like that. I bet you saw me coming and just stood there waiting for me to crash into you."

He frowned, his worried look mixed with a grin. "Well you should see where you are running, you might seriously hurt someone in that speed."

"Good thing you're like a solid rock then."

He laughed. "Look I'm sorry, I had just got a hold of your dog and when I stood up, bam there you were." He paused.  "What is her name?"

"Rosie."

"She's really cute, when I was holding her I could almost swear I was holding a-"

"Teddy bear, yeah I know."

He laughed again. I think my plan was working. "I feel really responsible. You knees look awful. My house is just the grey one over there."

"I shouldn't talk to strangers, nor enter their home."