He who must not be named

I was crying all the way home. Thankfully nobody was home at the moment. I ran up to my room an locked the door. Knowing that the key to my room was the same to every other room in the house, I locked myself inside my walk in closet too. I sat the sobbing, making a mess of my wardrobe. How could he have done that? Was he just using me? The questions rolled inside my head. And just when I thought I had no more tears to spill, came a new stream. My mom came home, then and she went knocking on my door.

"GO AWAY!"

"What is wrong sweetheart?"

"Nothing!"

And just as I thought she went and got a key and unlocked the door. I knew I had to explain something so I cleared my throat and tried to calm my voice.

"Sweetheart, where are you?"

"In the closet."

She felt the door. "Why have you locked it?"

"So you couldn't come in. I am trying to clean. I knew you would be mad if you saw how messy it was."

"Oh, okay. Don't be too long. Dinner is ready at five o'clock."

She already left before I had the chance to answer. I was glad. My voice was all broken. I noticed my body and hair was all sticky from the salt water, and decided to take another shower. I stuffed the messy clothes inside a locker, I could deal with them later.

I stepped into the hot water and immediately felt cleaner. I almost didn't notice I was crying again. It is a weird feeling, crying in the shower. You should try it sometime. I was not even thinking of him. I must have taken a long shower, because my mom just came knocking on the door again. I wrapped my towel around an went in my room to change. I didn't feel like anything else to I just put on sweatpants and a thick pink sweater.

"Why are you wearing sweatpants?"

My sister asked as I passed her room. She was playing tea-party with her teddy's, and her imaginary friend Billie.

"Because I feel like it."

"But you never wear sweatpants!"

She came running out of her room and accompanied me down to the kitchen. It was true I never wore sweatpants, except for when I was going for a run. And I never went for a run. I just shut Rayne out for the rest of the walk. She was such a noisy sister. We had lasagna, one of my favorite dinners. Lots of milk and cheese.

"So Jane, what have you been doing today except for messing up and cleaning you closet?" My mom asked.

"Not much. I went for a walk earlier this morning, and I watched someone play volleyball, and I went down to the beach and felt the water. It was ice cold so I made some hot coco when I came home." I was pretty pleased with my story. It was not like it was all lies, I didn't bother telling them about James. It was probably over anyway. Not that it had ever started. My mom and dad looked pretty pleased with my story too. Until.

"I didn't think we had any hot chocolate left, I was sure of it. I bought some when I went to the store today." She said. Um, okay. Keep calm. I bought a package my self, um no. I had it at Sarah's place, no she is not back until tomorrow.

"Yes there was one left, it was hidden up there with the sauces." I looked a my mom, confirming. And she let it pass. Phew. That was close. I hate lying.

There was a beeping sound, Jane's father stood up and went over to the door bell slash video camera slash speaker thing, and answered. I couldn't hear what they were saying.

"Jane there is someone here to see you?"

"Who is it?"

"A boy, he says his name is James."

"Tell him to go away, or that i'm not home. I don't want to see him."

He came back to the table and they all looked at me.

"So that is why your wearing sweatpants." My sister whispered in my ear just loud enough for me to hear.

"So who is this James?" My father asked. What was I going to say? That I had a crush on him and he tried to kiss me. They'd kill him.

"I saw him at the volleyball match earlier today, but he was rude to me so I don't want to see him."

"Is this something we need to be concerned about? He told me he was going to wait outside for you."

James was waiting outside for me? Really, I had a sudden urge to look out the window, but I snapped into reality quickly enough.

"No, not at all father. I'm sure he will go away soon enough." I looked down at my half finished plate. I couldn't bare to eat anymore. My brilliant plan of forgetting him was not working any longer. "I am not hungry, may I be excused?" I asked sweetly.

"Sure, and don't forget to put-"

"My plate in the dishwasher, yeah I know, mom." I finished for her.

I know I should not be so snappy and rude but I can't control my emotions. I'm a teenager for God's sake. I put my plate hastily in the dishwasher and hurried up to  my room. I could hear my family talking loudly of my bad temper. Which made me more angry. When I finally made it up, I opened the door only to find Rayne sitting on my bed with her big eyes.

"You're not mad at me are you?"

"No. But can you please get out? I need to be alone." I could see her protesting.

"I'm gonna tell mommy-"

"GET OUT." I yelled. I instantly regretted it the moment I saw her tears. She tried to push me when passing on the way out. I had to go after her.

"I'm sorry, sis. I didn't mean it." She was sobbing on her bed. It sounded a bit fake, but hey she is only eight. "You know I love you, right?" I said gently and touched her chin. She nodded and stopped sobbing. "Good. Okay, I'm gonna go now to  my room. Could you leave me alone just this night?" I pleaded. She nodded again. I closed her door gently, but slammed with my own door.

What was he thinking of coming to my house like that? Oh. I was even more mad at him now. I pulled out the first book I saw and took out my ipod. The book was the notebook by Nicholas Sparks, probably not the best book to read right now, but I did not want another one. I pressed the play button on my ipod. It was Superman again, I hadn't used it since I crashed into him yesterday. I could not speak or think of his name. Oh damn, here goes the waterworks again. I started reading:

Who am I? And who, I wonder, will this story end? The sun has come up and I am sitting by a window that is foggy with the breath of a life gone by. I'm a sight this morning: two shirts, heavy pants, a scarf wrapped twice around my neck and tucked into a thick sweater knitted by my daughter thirty birthdays ago. Still my body shivers with a cold that will never go away.

My tears were falling so heavily now that I could not see anything, and I was spoiling a good book. It was raining outside. My mother came in and informed me that he was still waiting outside. What does he want? I looked at the clock, half past seven. He had been there for two and a half hours then. I was not feeling sorry for him. I decided to take a nap. I lied down on my four poster bed and closed the curtains.  I slept restlessly. I tossed and turned and kept seeing his face out in the rain all alone. I gave up sleeping a looked at my watch, 10 pm.  

________________________________________________________________________

Do you think Jane should forgive him? What do you think she will do at 10 pm? Is James still out there waiting, or did finally go home? Thank you so much for reading.. I would love to hear from you if anyone liked it. So Please comment, vote, fan or whatever you like.

Sincerely,

Me