Chapter 9: On the other end

On the other end...

Nobody notices Kotoru Yona's dissappearance and Conan with Ran and her dad understood the situation.

The daughter of the rich man was being abducted by a stranger..

Conan (Kudo)'s Pov

Something's off.. What is it?

Why did the criminal risk coming to her home to kidnap her?

It would have been much simpler, and safer if he had abduted her after school.

Also, he was seen by someone.

That was too careless.

Third person view

Ran-kun walk towards conan, " Wow! Conan-kun, you are really good at kicking that ball!"

" I guess.." He said as continue kicking the ball

Ran smile, " When Shinichi thinks, he also kick a ball to help clear his mind."

Conan think, 'That Shinichi, is me.'

As he got distracted and the ball that was on top of his head drop to floor and roll away.

He chase after it, picking it up just to get shock by a dog which is in front of him barking.

That got all the adult's attention.

"Conan-kun!" Ran shout in panic

Conan however, is spinning the ball.

The dog stop barking.

"How strange! Jumbo usually is only friendly to people within the household."

The rich man said being surprise.

Conan-kun hear it and in his head,        ' The kidnapper... he used this pine tree to enter and depart. This mean that this dog should have noticed and barked.'

Ting!

' That's it! I've figured out this case!'
Conan smile as he pat Jumbo on it's head and turn to he adults, " This dog will bark if it sees a stranger, right?"

The rich man respond, " Right, because Jumbo is one of the best guard dogs around."

In Detective Mouri Kogoro's head,         ' But, the servants in the household all said, "Except for the housekeeper's voice, there wasn't any other noises." '

The housekeeper slowly walk away behind them.

"Where are you going, Aso-san?"
Detective Mouri Kogoro question

Conan heave a sigh of relief,                   ' Finally, he has noticed it.'