Chapter 12: Dog?

The three of us follow Conan whom is riding the dog name Jumbo.

Conan didn't notice his surrounding as he think, 'If there is a chimney, it's either a factory, or a bathhouse. The number of schools that can see a chimney is five!'

While the four of them finding their way, the culprit finally tape Akiko's mouth and tie her up so she can't do anything like shouting for help.

The culprit continue drinking beer and smile cheekily.

While Conan keep finding the place where the culprit might be...

"No!" The first place they went is wrong

"No!" The second one was also rejected

"It's not here either!" The third one as well as all doesn't fit in to what he had deduce in mind

"Damn! They are all wrong! There are no more schools that can see chimneys!" As both the dog and conan catch their breath, conan think as he said, those that are near is all incorrect.

'Could it be that the kidnapper is not in this area?' Conan think as he look around and saw a building, "Ah!"

"Wait! Could it be..." then he continues on moving as he look at the building.

On the other side, Yona and the Mouri's are catching their breath, for some reason Yona mutter: "Luckily he's not on the road."

"Huh?" The Mouri's felt confuse

"Nothing! Let's hurry catch up!" Yona start running again.

Mouri Kogoro: "Kids this days sure are energetic."

Ran just smile in response.

Conan look from another point of view at the building and stop.

"That's it! Seeing it fron the side, she mistooked this building for a chimney!" He smile as he finally get it.

'The only school nearby where you can see this building as a chimney is..' he starts thinking as he look at the map that he memorize in his mind and start to move, "Futatsubashi school!"

"Put the money on a bench in Hyakuji park. When I have it, I'll let your daughter go." The culprit smile cheekily as he said to the other side of the phone.

Tani respond, " Let me listen to Akiko's voice again."

The culprit who have learn his lesson said: " You can hear it later on!" And off he phone call.

"The deal is already done. Therefore, you have no value now." He said to Akiko

Akiko shake her head, tears flowing.

He culprit take out a knife.

"Wait!" Somebody shout out

The culprit get surprise and turn around and walk to the door shout out: "Who? Where are you?"

"Here!" And he let his mouth open in shock as he realises it's conan-kun and the dog.

The dog jump towards him causing him to fall backwards banging onto the basket of volleyball.

Conan run towards Akiko and take off the duct tape from her mouth as he said, "It's alright!"

Akiko ask, "Who are you?"

"Kudo Shinichi.. no..." as he stop and realises his mistake and changes his sentence, "Edogawa Conan, I'm a detective!"

The tears stood there on Akiko's eyes as she ask, " A detective?"

The dog got hit by the culprit and run out of the place.