Chapter Two

Chapter Two:

"You've gotta be kidding me. A killer clown?" Dean mocked.

"Yeah. He left the daughter unharmed and killed the parents. Ripped them to pieces, actually." Sam replied.

"The family was at Cooper Carnivals that night." I told them.

"So how do you know we're not dealing with some psycho carnie in a clown suit?" Dean said.

"Because Dean, the cops have no viable leads. All of the employees were tearing down shop and they all had alibis." I told him.

"Plus, this girl said she saw a clown vanish into thin air. Cops are saying trauma, of course." Sam told him.

"Well, I know what you're thinking, Sam. Why did it have to be clowns?" Dean told him.

"Oh, give me a break." Sam said while rolling his eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Sam didn't think I would remember, but he is absolutely terrified of clowns. He still cries whenever he sees Ronald McDonald on the television." Dean told me.

"Well, at least I'm not afraid of flying." Sam shot back.

"Planes crash!" Dean remarked.

"And apparently clowns kill!" Sam said. "So these types of murders, they ever happen before?"

"Yeah, in 1981, the Bunker Brothers Circus, with the same M.O. It happened three times, with three different locations. I told him.

"It's weird, though, I'm mean if it is a spirit, it's usually bound to a specific locale, you know a house, or a town." Dean said.

"So how's this one moving from city to city, carnival to carnival?" Sam asked.

"Cursed object, maybe. Spirit attaches itself to something and the, uh, carnival carries it around with them." Dean said.

"Oh goody, paranormal scavengers hunt." I said sarcastically.

"Well, this case was Sam's idea. By the way, why is that? You were awfully quick to jump on this job Sam." Dean said.

"So?" Sam asked.

"It's just... not like you, that's all. I thought you were hell-bent for leather on the demon hunt." Dean said uncertainly.

"I don't know, I just think, this job, it's what Dad would have wanted us to do." Sam told him.

I decided not to participate in the conversation and just listen to them.

"What Dad would have wanted?" Dean asked.

"Yeah. So?"

"Nothin'." Dean said,

Sam shook his head ignoring him. "So, Sarah. How did you know our dad?"

"Uh, I worked a case with him a few years back." I told him.

"Anything outside of that?" Dean asked.

"Like what?" I asked him.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe spent a night with him?" Dean asked.

Sam reached across the car and smacked Dean's arm. "Dean! That is so not appropriate."

"What? Do we not have the right to know her relationship with our father?" Dean asked.

Sam reached across the car and smacked Dean again.

"It's alright Sam. We just worked the case, and then went our separate ways. That was the end of it." I told him.

"Well, then how did you know who we were?" Sam asked.

I floundered for a moment, then decided to say, "He talked about you quite a bit. He was very proud of his sons."

They nodded and dropped the subject. We rode in silence until we got to the motel.

After we got there, I began walking towards the motel's office, so that I could get my own room for the night. They noticed where I was going and decided to come with me. I walked up to the desk and rang the bell. Once the owner of the motel came to the desk, I paid for my room and got a key. Sam and Dean walked me to my door. "We'll see you in the morning." Sam told me. He smiled and then walked to his room two doors down. I turned to my door and slid my key into the lock. Just as I unlocked it, I felt a hand on my waist. I jerked away from the hand and turned around. "What the hell are you doing Dean?" I asked him.

"Well, you're very pretty and it seems like we're going to be working together for quite a while." He said, reaching again for my waist with one hand, and for my face with the other. He pulled me to him and brought our mouths together. He pushed me against the door, while continuing to move his mouth against mine. He lifted me up off the ground using the weight of the door and his own strength to hold me up. As he did, he reached behind me and opened the door. He pushed the two of us through the door and closed it behind us. He walked us over to the bed and laid me on my back. He pulled back for a minute and ripped off his shirt. As he did, I came to my senses and realized what we were doing. He leaned over me and started going for my mouth again.

"Dean, stop. Please." I said pushing him back. "I. I can't" I told him haltingly.

He continued to lean over he and asked, "And why not?"

I closed my eyes and used all of my strength to push him off. I managed to knock him off the bed, and while he lay there stunned, I jumped out of the bed and flipped on the light.

He stood up and pulled his shirt back on. He walked towards the door, and when he got beside me, he reached towards me again, and I shied away. After I did, he backed up and said, "I'm sorry." He then walked out the door and closed it behind him. I closed my eyes as I felt a couple of silent tears roll down my face. I turned off the light and walked over to the bed and sank to my knees with my face in my hands. I slowly curled up on top of the covers and slowly fell asleep.