Magnesium

5 April, Lior

War...Why make wars? Maybe indignation, oppression, hate come all together into this bloody, devastating word. At the end of the day War is the seed of Forgiveness: it revives compassion and brings all of us together

At the lousy train, by the window the blue sky showed itself without any clouds, so we cloud recognize the familiar place, the city of Lior. 

- Ed... I was wondering... Do you think Rose's fine? The war was quite rough...

- Don't worry Al, I'm sure she's fine! I think she understood that I said to her...

- About that...Don't you think all this is a little of our fault? I mean, we crushed those people faith and they seemed to lost themselv-

- Change is always difficult, Alphonse and implies lose something to gain just like alchemy. They lost their sweet dreamy world, but they gained freedom of thinking for themselves

- Yeah! You're right brother! Rose is strong! and after all, we came to help!

Lior was no longer the lovely, cozy, simple town we once crossed but a pile of ruins

Lior was no longer the lovely, cozy, simple town we once crossed but a pile of ruins. I would say it was a sad view, but it wasn't. A lot of people were already building up the streets, singing and laughing while helping the best way they cloud

- Oh my god! Edward! Al! I can't belive you're here! It seems like years! Are you guys ok?

- Hi Rose! We're good as new! We came to help! How's things going?

Rose violet eyes were full of joy. She was carring food for the workers and she would eventually chat along side them with a bright smile on her face. "She was able to get up, I see...". She told us that she led a movement to expel the rebellious out and establish an democratic government constituted by the city's people.

 She told us that she led a movement to expel the rebellious out and establish an democratic government constituted by the city's people

- I know it seems strange...but now I can see the world in a much different way. I wished I cloud free this people from father's Cornelos corruption without a war tough. Still...now we're free to take our own decisions!

- Yeah...Yeah...All right! Just give us some task to do! We have tree metal arms and legs to offer! It's not every day you get this quality work force!

- That's right Ed! Do you want something in return?

- Yeah...We want some good soup and bed to lay down at the end of the day!

Rose smiled to us in approvalAs Rose continued her task, and served us a good homemade soup, Me and Al got to work and helped mostly carrying heavy objects or hold sharp materials. By the end of the day we were dead 

 Later, Rose gave us a small room to stay and we started putting everything ready for our sleep

 Later, Rose gave us a small room to stay and we started putting everything ready for our sleep. As we chatted about our day Rose looked attentively at us like she was wondering about some matter.

- Why didn't you guys use Alchemy? It would have been a lot easier and faster right? 

- You see Rose... if we were to do the same work these people do all day for half the time without a sweat wouldn't that make their work seem like less worthy? We're alchemists but we are still ordinary people...mere powerless humans isn't that right Al?

mere powerless humans isn't that right Al?

- You dummies... you're everything but not ordinary! Especially you Ed... with your self destructive kindness type. You came here and shattered all my faith and hope just to save me from myself. That's why you're one of the kindest people!

Suddenly I felt like Rose realized something about me that I, myself didn't know about. 

Love is my driving reason, or does it drive me?  I gave you my leg, mother and I gave you my arm, brother, but I would give you my heart if it was to have you back. Self destructive love? I wouldn't say so. You see... as long as I can be with you I don't need anything else.

Edward Elric, Driving reasons

Note: Magnesium is a very strong and light metal. Is the eighth most abundant element in the earth's crust and the ninth most abundant in the Universe.  It forms easily in supernovae and is the third most abundant element in sea water.

Thank you so much for reading this chapter! I always loved Rose even though he appears more in the 2003 series ! Don't forget to comment any suggestion or opinions and hit the star button! By by and see you soon!