Chlorine

August 17, Central

Do you seek power?  The power to life forever? The power of God? The power to return the ones you've lost?  We're just simple humans who take part in the great flow of the universe: we can't make the dead come to life. 

Still, our limitations are what makes us fascinating...We dare reaching for something greater than ourselves. When you realize, you'll see that the painful path of believing in the impossible...turned all our tears into comforting memories.

After saying goodbye to the good people of Youswell, we went back to the train so we could go to Central city

After saying goodbye to the good people of Youswell, we went back to the train so we could go to Central city. Well you see... I really didn't want to go there but we needed to give our trip report to a certain someone...

- Jeez, from all the places in this damn country... I can't stand that rotten Central 

- Don't you stand the city or the general, brother? You have to admit he's quite good at that he does and besides... he's way more powerful than you!

- WHAT YA SAID? That guy's a freak! Always picking on ladies, demanding people to give him five freaking cents no one cares about, being useless and sliding in the damn rain...

Meanwhile, me and Al arrived at the Central station where lieutenant Hawkeye was waiting for us with a smile. Her golden hair was longer and her deep brown eyes received us with a harm hug that somehow, felt like home.

- I'm so glad you guys are ok... But, I just want to warn you that Central's very dangerous these days...We've been tracking King Bradley's actions... Please be careful...

- I see...so the coronel is up to something... I bet he wants us to do the dirty job for him, am I right? 

 I bet he wants us to do the dirty job for him, am I right? 

- Trust me Edward, The coronel send you away to protect you. He knows that you, just like him, know to much about the state's true intentions... We can't let them find out about our plan. 

- I told you so brother! The coronel it's putting himself in a great risk by trying to uncover the Homunculus plans from inside out! We'll do as you say lieutenant !

Alphonse dragged me to Mustang's office while I vainly flounced with all my strength. Al knocked on the door and I enjoyed my last seconds of peace.

- Look who's here! Fullmetal it's been quite some time! How's your tourist tour around the country? We've been having a lot of fun here...so sorry you couldn't come...

- WELL YEAH?... You and your ten tons of paper are rocking a party so hard that I can barely stand

- I know right? But I must admit we all missed Edward Eric's unique, ruthless and ferocious sarcasm! Honest and nice people really annoy me!

- Oh YEAH? People who are always stalking on me and demanding a freaking useless report on insignificant events like "I went to the bathroom at five pm that day" REALLY ANNOY ME TOO!

- AAH AHH That's a good one! Anyway... I have a job for you, Fullmetal! Since you're in a trip mood can you pay a visit to our north Briggs fellows? 

 I have a job for you, Fullmetal! Since you're in a trip mood can you pay a visit to our north Briggs fellows? 

- Adding that! You will get the change to meet the great Olivia Armstrong! Of course... first you need to make it out alive of a frozen forest with wild hungry bears and men of 2 feet tall who will think you're an invader... I wish you the best luck! 

- Sure Coronel! It's so nice of you! If you want I don't mind getting a wild hungry living bear for you TO BE YOUR DAMN PRECIOUS TEDDY BEAR TO SLEEP WITH YOU AT NIGHT!

As Mustang smiled happily at Al who had the difficult task to drag me out of his office, I smiled and grimed to myself: 

That jerk hasn't sleep for many days, planing a coup d'etat ... What drives him?  Love? Power? Will?  No...he is reaching out for something greater than himself... a country of equal people perhaps... I have faith in that

Edward Elric, Fascinating Limitations 

Note: Clorine is a highly irritating, greenish-yellow gaseous halogen, capable of combining with nearly all other elements. Used in chemical warfare in World War I, Clorine  is a yellowy-green dense gas with a choking smell that causes suffocation, constriction of the chest and tightness in the throat 

Thank you so much for reading this chapter! Man, I love Mustang so much! That's why, next chapter we'll see more of him! Don't forget to hit the star button and Merry Christmas to you all! By by! See you guys soon!