There Must be a Child

Cole's P.o.V

The next day, my dad called me into his office.

"I just got a call from the Great Wolf Council, they told me a very specific thing that you need to do." he said and I nodded, waiting for him I continue.

"You have one month after you Alpha Ceremony to have a child." he said.

"What?!" I shouted bolting up from my seat.

"It's usually that you have a month to get your mate pregnant, but since you have a male mate, you can adopt from the pack orphanage." he explained calmly.

"Dad, I still have another year of school left and Aiden has two years left." I said pleadingly.

"There is nothing I can do, I really wish I could though. Maybe with Aiden's grades so high, he could graduate a year early." dad suggested

"He wants to go to college more than anything." I mumbled.

"Just go and discuss it with him and talk over the options."

I groaned before getting up and walking out. I know he is my dad but I still disrespected my Alpha, I will deal with it later though. I walked down stairs to find Aiden, I found him sitting in the living room watching TV with my mom.

"Hey Aiden, can I talk to you in our room?" I asked. I wanted to talk to him in our room so we will have privacy.

"Uh, sure." he said before getting up and following me up stairs to our room.

"So I was just talking to my dad and he said that the Great Wolf Council had called him and they ha him tell me something." I started nervously.

"What's wrong?" he asked worriedly and grabbed my hand. I squeezed his hand gently before continuing.

"They said that after my Alpha Ceremony, I have a month to have a child. Normally it's that you have a month to get your mate pregnant but since we are both guys, we have to adopt from the pack orphanage." o explained. I watched his face drop slightly.

"But we have school..." he whispered, sounding like he almost wasn't believing what I had said.

"My dad sid that if her could dosometing he would, he also suggested that since your gradesare perfectyou could graduate a year early." I explained as I pulled him closer. Aiden rested his head on my shoulder.

"That's a good idea." he said quietly.

"What about college?" I asked him.

"Online. If I am to help you run this pack then thais what I will do." Aiden said lifting his head up and looking at me with a smile.

"You would do that for me?" I asked in disbelief.

"Of course, I know you would do the same if the roles were reversed." and he was right, I would do anything for him.

"Let's go tell my dad our choice." I said before getting both and leading the way to my dads office.

Aiden's P.o.V

As we walked to the office, I couldn't help but be nervous for the future. I mean raising a kid! I am only 16 and Cole is only 17! I am going to graduate early and take college courses on line, I will also have to look for a job. Plus, I am going to help rule the Black Raven Pack.

It seems like everything is jus getting shoved on me.

We reached Roy's office and Cole knocked before walking in without waiting for an answer.

"Have you guys made a decision already?" Roy asked and we nodded. Cole grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers as we sat down.

"So what's going to be happening?" Roy asked.

"I am going to graduate early and take college courses online." I said then Cole continued.

"We will adopt from the pack orphanage." he said.

"Ok, I will set up a meeting for you guys tomorrow. You will pick a child then after the Alpha Ceremony, you will legally become his parents." Roy explained while some files into his desk drawer.

We both nodded before standing and waiting for him to dismiss us. We went downstairs to see April still watching TV, but the show was different, I was watching Supernatural.

"What are you watching?" I asked

"Teen Wolf. These guys are pretty cute, especially Derek." she said causing me to laugh.

"Really mom?" Cole asked.

She just laughed. I went into the kitchen and opened the fridge before pulling out some grapes.

I looked up to see Cole standing in the door way, I smiled as he walked closer.

"Are you ready for all of this?" I asked as he stole one of my grapes.

"As ready for it as I can be." was his reply.

________________

I hope you guys like it! what do you think about them having to adopt a child?

Do you think it will help or hurt their relationship?

7/29/14