7

After Percy got over his shock, he ran to Chiron's side along with Naruto, because hey, you can never trust a horse's backside, especially in Amish Country. Anyway, they started the tour of the camp!

They passed the volleyball pit. Several of the campers nudged each other. One pointed to the

minotaur horn Pecy was carrying and Naruto. Another said, "It's them." Naruto chuckled as he heard them trying to figure out how his did the log thing as they put it. Percy gave Naruto a look and smirked. "You just had to show off, huh."

"Naturally." Naruto smirked. As they walked that saw everyone doing activities and Satyrs joining them in their activities with orange camp half-blood shirts and nothing else.

"Hey." Percy said aloud, "What is up there?" He said pointing the fourth story of the Big House that they just left.

Chiron looked to where Percy was pointing and his smile faded, making Naruto raise an eyebrow, "Just the attic."

"Somebody lives there?"

"No," he said with finality. "Not a single living thing."

Naruto looked at the window to the attic oddly and thought, Nothing living…..but what if something not entirely living…..nah! Naruto turned his head just as a curtain moved and Percy was the only one who saw it.

"Come along boys," Chiron said, his lighthearted tone now a little forced. "Lots to see."

They walked through the strawberry fields, where campers were picking bushels of berries while a satyr played a tune on a reed pipe. I wonder how hard it is to learn how to play one. Naruto idly thought, not listening to Chiron tell them that these Strawberries pay for the camps expenses.

Percy did look a little sad though and Naruto somehow knew that he was wondering if Grover was ok…he was getting chewed out by a God though, so who knows.

"Grover won't get in too much trouble, will he?" Percy asked Chiron. "I mean ... he was a good protector. Really."

Chiron sighed. He shed his tweed jacket and draped it over his horses back like a saddle.

"Grover has big dreams, Percy. Perhaps bigger than are reasonable. To reach his goal, he must first demonstrate great courage by succeeding as a keeper, finding a new camper and bringing him safely to Half-Blood Hill."

"But he did that!" Percy exclaimed.

"Yeah, two campers none the less." Naruto grumbled. Now he was worried about their friend as well.

"I might agree with you," Chiron said. "But it is not my place to judge. Dionysus and the Council of Cloven Elders must decide. I'm afraid they might not see this assignment as a success. After all, Grover lost you two in New York. Then there's the unfortunate ... ah ... fate of your mother. And the fact that Grover was unconscious when Naruto brought him over the property line. The council might question whether this shows any courage on Grover's part."

"He helped get us here so I think that is good enough, even he is a bit weak, he is still a good guy." Naruto replied.

"He'll get a second chance, won't he?" Percy asked.

Chiron winced. "I'm afraid that was Grover's second chance, Percy. The council was not anxious to give him another, either, after what happened the first time, five years ago. Olympus knows, I advised him to wait longer before trying again. He's still so small for his age..."

Five years? Oh, that must mean that he was with Thalia since she mentioned him. Pondered Naruto.

"How old is he?"