nine.

NOELLE

I didn't know what to do, the person that I haven't seen in almost half a decade is standing here in front of me with a small smile and shocked eyes obviously not expecting my presence. If my brother finds out about this, I'll be dead, oh, harry too.

But I understand the situation, they're mates. But in my case, it's been years I have forgiven him although with no proper closure, could anything go wrong with us being in the same room again? Oh my god.

"Hey" he spoke. Not looking into my eyes. What I noticed was when it came to the man with the jet black hair, my heart was pounding. Almost head spinning because it feels so different. Niall closed the door behind us and led us to his living room.

"Noelle, this is Zayn. Zayn this is Noelle" Niall politely introduced us, oblivious to the fact that I know him. We shook hands and retracted my hand quickly. Surprised that I'm still not furious because of lack of communication. Why am I acting like this, shouldn't I resent him? Ignore him again? I ignored him for years.

I didn't realize that I was closing my eyes, trying to shut the idea that this was real until Harry whispered in my ear, "Come on, to the kitchen" I nodded and harry excused us while Niall is left with him.

"Hey, you okay? Do you want to go out? Or is it okay to you that he's here?" He said worriedly, "No it's fine harry, it was four years ago. I understand if you and Niall are friends with him." I said as he smiled sadly. Not only it was a break up, but there was a friendship that could've lasted.

"I'll be okay, I promise. I'll tell you when I'm not. C'mon I've got enough stress. Let's have some fun." I smirked at him, this time a genuine smile. He smiled back and we walked into the living room.

When I sat on the couch they were talking and laughing, obvious that they haven't seen each other in a while until my phone rang, revealing the name Luke. Oh shit.

Everyone looked at me while I raise the phone to my ear, "Hey, how have ya been holding up?" My brother spoke, "Hey Luke, doing great actually" I answered trying to hide the nervousness in my voice.

When I said his name, Zayn went wide eyed. I quickly removed my eyes on him and stood up, excusing myself and kept on talking with Luke while the others minds their own business, respecting the phone call I was having.

"Who you with? Heard Harry's there huh" Okay so that's the question that I've been avoiding. He always asks who I'm with, for safety reasons.

"Umm, I'm with Niall obviously, Harry and me."

"Ah, alright glad you're fine. Can you give the phone to Harry though? I have something for him" I furrowed my eyebrows

"Harry" I called him, their eyes immediately on me, I gave harry my phone, walking to the kitchen with me following behind him.

I quickly gestured for him to put it on mute as I sit on the stool.

"What?" He looks at me, "Put on speaker!" I whisper-yelled, "Why?"

"Because I want to hear my brother's voice" I said in monotone, "You ass of course I want to know what he says!" He rolls his eyes and unmutes himself.

"Hello , Luke?"

"Ah! Harry. Noelle missed you so much"

"Oh yeah! When she saw me, her smile was wider than a Cheshire cat!" Harry chuckled as Luke laughed on the other line and said something more serious.

"Now I know when she lies, you know that." Luke started off as I mentally face palm myself.

"Yes...and?"

"Who are you really with?" he sighed

"Just Niall and of course Noelle"

"Are you sure? Well if you are, I have a surprise for you. "

"Yeah. I'm sure. So what's with the 'surprise' " There was a silence between the phone call, me and harry exchanging looks until there was a loud squeal on the line.