thirteen.

NIALL

Butterflies. Goddamn butterflies.

I can't say why or how I got in this position because things has drastically changed. Over the course of 4 weeks, my life altered.  And Noelle had a big part on it. I took a big risk, answering a fan in the most flirtatious way possible on a social media platform and most likely misleading that yes, it reached articles no less than 12 hours after.

'Niall Horan shooting his shot and shamelessly woos a fan on twitter'

'Niall Horan and a mysterious fan having a flirt fest on social media, could she really be just a fan?'

'Slow Hands singer, Niall Horan, might be hinting on a secret relationship since the 25 year old decided to be bold and began to start a cute bicker with a certain fan, Noelle Matthews. Nothing is confirmed but it seems like the two are more comfortable than it seems.'

Bullshit. It's what it is. We didn't know each other, strangers. And it's upsetting that she has her name out there seen by thousands of people because of me but yet here I am convinced that there was this magnetic pull to answer a playful tweet and respond to her dm. I was slightly uneasy at first because all the consequences that might occur after my actions floated in my head but I easily fell because we talked every day. From a small good morning to chatting up about the most random things until I finally had the guts to tell Noelle that I want to meet her in the flesh.

I pressed send blindly, and hoped for the best. I was biting my nails as I waited, but there wasn't any answer until about 15 hours. I started to stress and become paranoid about the idea that she didn't want to and completely threw me under the bus, but Noelle did answer me later that day of me drinking about two mugs of coffee in the whole reason of anxiousness. And it was embarrassing that she had to remind me that she was a surgery resident who is in and out of the O.R and attends to patients all day.

When I tell you I released a breath of relief, I'm not joking and it's scary that I'm getting so caught up by this girl so quick. Hell, it's just been 4 weeks and here I am, thinking about her at 2AM in the morning with my stomach having a weird sensation whenever the thought of her smiling, laughing or just simply thinking about how I kissed her earlier enters my mind. Or maybe even when she cut me off because my dumbass started to stutter and suddenly get nervous. So maybe that's what it was, butterflies.

I had the sudden urge to pull her close to me and finally place my lips on hers because it felt right. I wasn't good with words, I find it hard to express how I feel vocally but through actions and touch, I could. Telling her I like her earlier tonight was also a big risk because she might have not felt the same way and felt pressured to say it back because I initiated to kiss her. I observed her eyes as she said it back and all I could see was honesty. You could say I might have been blinded but that's what I saw.

The past three days had been blissful. I felt at rest especially knowing that harry knew Noelle because it seemed like the world knew how I risked everything in me just to see her and gave me the reassurance that I was good. However, feeling a tiny insecurity whenever they'd get too close. They explained their history, but I can't help it. I tried to push the feeling away but it's not budging and that also terrified me.

Thinking back to earlier when I asked her on a date just before I went back to my room and she gladly said yes, I was completely aware that I took another risk. Risk of getting papped, Noelle's name being all over the internet tied to me, her family's privacy might even be in jeopardy that I would feel very awful about. Just seeing her twitter account with about 17 tweets and a simple bio sums up that she was also a very private person. Although her Instagram's got almost a million followers because apparently she's a very good doctor and her father owns a very big company that makes her known around England and America but her posts, very minimal. A few pictures of her and her siblings and a few about her career but that was it.