~Chapter 3~

Yerin stayed on her bed, her eyes never leaving the lowest drawer, staring at it intently. She was home the whole day and the photograph she had found earlier in the day never left her mind. It was nearly eight and all she did for most of the day was watch movies before getting bored of them, which was how she ended up in her bed for the past half an hour, staring her drawer. In times like these where she had nothing better to do with her life, she wished that school still existed so she could at least meet up with her friends. Now, she doesn't even know if they were even still alive.

With the country slowly becoming a living hell by the day, there was no way that the schools would still be open. Parents would obviously not want their children to leave the house seeing as there was so much killing going on beyond the door. Instead, children now stayed at home as they rot their meaningless lives away without being able to enjoy the normal things children usually enjoyed like eating ice cream in the summer sun and playing in the cool waters of the pool to cool down on a hot day. All that were no longer possible when only dark clouds covered the sky, not allowing a single ray to shine through the thick clouds.

Her eyes went back and forth from the bottom drawer to her white wall clock as she awaited the arrival of her parents yet again. Usually Yerin would wait in the living room for the arrival of her parents but this time, she laid in her bed anxiously waiting for the sound of the front door opening to let her know that her parents had made it home safely. What felt like minutes turned into hours and she had started to become restless.

Soon two hours had passed and still there was no sign of her parents. That was until she heard the sound of the front door being unlocked. She jumped out of her bed and ran to the living room, expecting to see the tired faces of her parents to greet her. Instead, one of the bodyguards she had grown close to over the years stood in the middle of the living room, looking back at Yerin with a sympathetic look on his face. He gave a her a weak smile before holding out his right hand which held a note.

"I never thought the day would come where I had to give you this note but I hope that you will continue to stay strong," he simply said before turning around to leave.

Before he could walk out the door, she quickly asked, "wait, what's happening? What's this for?"

He sighed before turning around to meet her eyes. His tough demeanor that he usually had visibly soften at the question.

"I'm sorry kiddo but your parents won't be coming back. You should quickly pack your stuff so I can bring you to him sooner," he said once more, pulling her into a tight hug before finally leaving.