~Chapter 17~

"YOU CHEATED! I SWEAR YOU CHEATED!" Jeongin held up an accusing finger in Jisung's direction as the later held a smug look on his face.

Jisung stuck his tongue out in a teasing manner which only earned him a pillow in the face. It wasn't long until the two boys were running around the living room after the elder of the two was accused for cheating on the game of Five Stones. As Yerin continued to watch, she couldn't help but chuckle at how they played around as if nothing was wrong in the world. Despite the bitterness and devastation going on in her life, the boys had actually managed to make her feel as if everything was back to how it was previously, as if she was living a normal life as a teenage girl with nine brothers. She had significantly gotten closer to the boys, especially with those who were closer to her age, of course not forgetting her brother. More specifically, she had started getting really close with the blonde boy she found intimidating the day she first got there, maybe it was due to the fact that they were roommates.

Over the past few days the stab wound on her thigh had slowly began to heal. It no longer hurt to walk and it almost looked as if she had been scratched instead; whatever medication Woojin had used on her worked wonders. She sat on one of the black sofas in the living room silently watching Jeongin and Jisung run around while reading a book that she picked up lying around the house. She had completed a number of them and had grown to love the stories that  written on the pages, sometimes making her wish that she could be part of the stories.

Every time she picked up a book, it would always transport her to a world vastly different than hers and walk her through many adventures she wished were real. With every page she turned she became more engaged in the story, paying no attention to the world around her. Often times she would try to put herself in the shoes of the main character, allowing her to fully immerse herself in the world that was built from someone's imagination.

As she was reading, she noticed that the house felt awfully empty. There was no sign of the other boys and she could not hear any noise coming from any of the other rooms. She thought she was just being delusional but she really had not seen anyone else that morning. Suspicious, she called out for the two boys and asked if they had seen the others around the house.

The two boys fell silent at her question, their smiles now gone from their faces. Yerin managed to catch a glimpse of the fear that flashed across their faces for a split second before it was gone. She squinted her eyes as she tried to meet the gazes of the two boys who were currently looking anywhere in the room but her before one nudged the other, encouraging them to say something.

"U-uh they...went grocery shopping. Yeah! That's where they went, grocery shopping. Don't worry about it they're gonna be fine," Jisung reassured her while flashing her a smile, though it came out a bit too forced.

Yerin furrowed her eyebrows, "there aren't any malls in this District...at least not that I know of. The ones that exist barely have any supplies in them," she stated mater-of-factly, recalling what her brother had told her the other day when she had asked about restocking their supplies.

Now she really was getting suspicious. The two boys were hiding something and whatever it is, they didn't want to tell her about it. They exchanged nervous glances with each other, Jeongin's adam's apple visibly bobbing in his throat as he gulped once, twice. The black haired boy was about to open his mouth to speak when he was abruptly cut off by the front door swinging open, the wood slamming hard against the white wall behind it.

The boys started pouring in one by one, their black clothes stained red by what Yerin instantly assumed was blood. They hurriedly walked in, taking off their masks and throwing them carelessly on the couch near where Yerin sat as they panted and tried to catch their breaths. She then saw Felix being supported in between Chan and Woojin's body as they practically dragged him into the house. There was an obvious tear in shirt with his blood soaking through the thin fabric someone had tied on to stop the bleeding in his abdomen.

Horrified, Yerin stood up instantly and made way for Chan and Woojin to deposit his body on the couch. His blood was very quickly seeping through the white fabric, slowly dripping down his shirt. She stayed rooted to her spot as she stared at the scene unfolding in front of her, suddenly struggling to find the right words due to the shock of it all. As Woojin removed the fabric and lifted the blonde's shirt, blood started oozing out, spilling onto the black couch, the sight making her want to vomit. But no mater how much she wanted to just walk away from the gory scene, her legs just seemed to have been glued to the floor as if someone had nailed them down.

She watched and stared as a wide gash at least seven centimeters long ran along the left side of his abdomen which cut across his very well defined abs. The Australian boy's face was starting to lose its colour, making him look paler than he already is. She was sure he was about to be the same shade as a piece of paper which she knew was a bad sign.

"Bring me a pair of rubber gloves, two type AB blood bags, disinfectants, stitches and a thin needle. They're all in the supply closet; medical section. He's loosing too much blood," Woojin demanded without looking up from the gaping wound.

She heard the sound of feet thumping against the floor as the boys scrambled around trying to get what Woojin needed to treat Felix's wound. It broke her heart to see him badly hurt like that. The sounds around her progressively became less distinct as she continued to watch his motionless body, then the steady yet shallow rise and fall of his chest, assuring her that he was still alive. All of a sudden, she felt an arm wrap around her shoulder and consequently pulled her into their chest.

"Shhh. Don't cry, it's okay. He's gonna be okay," she heard her brother's soft yet reassuring voice try to calm her down.

"How are you so sure?" she asked, her voice cracking in the process.

"He's a strong boy. I know he'll be okay," Chan replied, his voice sounding so small and fragile like a piece of glass that could shatter any moment.

Yerin shifted in Chan's embrace and looked up to see him fighting back the tears that threatened to spill. She then looked over to Felix's motionless body once more.

"He's a strong boy," she whispered under her breath.