~Chapter 6~

Yerin woke up to the sunlight shining in her face. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, finally getting uninterrupted sleep for the first time in a while. She felt refreshed and full of energy, something she had never felt for a long time. She scanned her surroundings to see that they were approaching an unfamiliar district. She managed to spot a sign ahead getting ready to read it as the car drove past it.

'DISTRICT 9' it read. She settled back in her seat as they entered the new district, already leaving a bad impression on Yerin. The state it was in was worse than her district. She didn't know what had happened there but there was debris lying everywhere and red blood covered the cement. Guns and blood stained knives littered the floor, leaving Yerin horrified at the sight. If this was where she was going to be living for the rest of her life, she would rather be killed. If it was that bad in the morning, she didn't dare think of the things that happened at night.

They drove for a few minutes before the car finally came to a stop in front of an average-looking house. One of the bodyguards opened the car door and escorted her to the white door, not leaving her penguin behind. Another went to take her duffel bag while the other stayed in the car. One of them looked at her, silently encouraging her to knock on the door at the same time ensuring her that there was nothing to be afraid of. She looked from the bodyguard to the door before lifting up her hand and curling it into a fist, knocking on the door three times. Silence. She was about to knock on the door again when she heard noise coming from the other side, startling her a little.

She waited on the steps uncomfortably in between the two bodyguards fearing what held beyond the door. It wasn't long before it swung open, revealing a young boy around her age. He had pale skin and blonde hair, his petite figure stood before her as he greeted her with a not so friendly smile. He took one glance at her before looking at the bodyguards, turning around to call for someone else. She was taken aback when she heard him call out that particular name. Surely she heard the name correctly, right? Maybe he called out a different name that sounded similar. She was proven wrong when he called for that person once more.

A man with pale skin and dark curly hair appeared at the door and Yerin instantly felt scared. His appearance alone was enough to intimidate her yet somehow he gave off the impression that he had a lot of control over things in that district. She instantly took a step backwards out of fear for the unknown man whom she assumed was Christopher, not noticing that the boy from before had went back inside. He put up a tough front when he saw the two bodyguards but his eyes soften when he saw her. His frown quickly turned into a smile as he took a step forward to take a close look at the girl that stood before him.

His eyes fell onto the penguin plushy in her arms and she instinctively held it tighter against her body. He let out a small chuckle before thanking the bodyguards for bringing her there safely. One of them handed over her duffel bag and the two of them headed back to the car. Before she knew it, they had already drove away, leaving her on the porch of an unknown house, in an unfamiliar district. She looked down at her feet, her worn out pair of white sneakers suddenly became interesting to look at as she did not dare to look at the man.

He held out his hand for her and she stared at his open palm, hesitating to take it. She didn't know who he was and what his motif was. For all she knew, he might want to kill her. Sensing her hesitance, he assured her that there was nothing to be afraid of and that he would explain everything to her. She stared at him before finally taking his hand and followed him into what would be her new home.