~Chapter 12~

She heard the sound come from the living room but she didn't dare go outside to check on what it was. She waited it out, the only thing she heard after was silence. Quietly, she tip toed over to the door and carefully locked it before going back to her bed. She still had her guard up, not wanting to risk anything, including her life. A while later, she heard footsteps down the hallway and the doors to the boys' bedrooms being forced open. She quickly ran and hid herself in a corner, away from the window and the door, behind Felix's bed.

She picked up her phone and searched for her brother's contact, her hands shaking in the process. She didn't hesitate to press the call button, holding the device to her ear as it rang once, twice. He picked up on the third ring. Her voice trembled as she tried to tell Chan that there was an intruder in their house while trying to stay as quiet as possible. As soon as Chan heard his sister's trembling voice, he shouted a few commands to the members before telling her to stay calm. Gunshots and muffled screams could be heard from the other end of the line and Yerin grew worried. Before she could ask, Chan informed her that Felix and Woojin were going to head back home before ending the call.

Yerin assumed that whoever lay outside the door were searching the rooms thoroughly before moving on, which spared her and the two boys time. On the other hand, she also ran the risk of being found. She carefully wedged herself behind Felix's drawer that was far from where the door was, a small gap allowed her to see her surroundings. She heard the footsteps coming closer before finally coming to a stop. She heard them try to open the door, thinking that they had given up when they stopped fiddling with the door knob. It became eerily silent before there was another loud bang, a muffled scream escaping her mouth. They were trying to break down the door.

She held her breath as she silently prayed for Felix and Woojin to hurry, the door swung open as it harshly hit the wall. There stood two men dressed in all black, like how the boys had earlier, black bandanas covering their faces. One had bright red hair and the other had silver hair. Her breath hitched in her throat as the two men began to search the room. She shut her eyes tight, desperately wishing that she would just disappear at that moment, involuntarily letting out a scream when she was dragged out by her hair. The man with silver hair forced her to look up at him, tears threatening to spill from her eyes at the pain in her scalp.

She took this chance to examine the man, her eyes roaming all over his face when she noticed a tattoo of a small rose behind his ear. She took a look at the other male and squinted, finding the same tattoo tucked away behind his ear. The silver haired man suddenly grabbed her face, forcing her to look at him. He took out a silver object and it gleamed slightly in the darkness, letting Yerin know instantly that it was a knife. Her eyes widened as she stood still. Before the man could place the knife on her neck, she smacked it out of his hand, making him loosen his grip on her face.

Immediately, she broke free from his grip and kicked him in the stomach, making him double over in pain. She didn't realize that the red haired man was charging for her from behind with another knife in hand. She bent down to pick up the knife but was quickly encased in a firm grip with his knife pressed against her neck. Just then, she heard a pair of footsteps, partially relieved that Felix and Woojin had arrived. 

Although half their faces were covered, she could see the worry in their eyes. They held up what looked like knives as they barked at the two men, demanding for them to let her go. They slowly advanced forward, allowing Yerin to see a whole different side to them. Without warning, the silver haired man lunged himself onto Woojin, his knife just barely scraping his arm. They broke into a fight before the man screamed in pain as Woojin slashed the side of his stomach with his knife, leaving a deep gash. Her eyes widened at the sight before her as he left the man to bleed before turning his attention to the man holding her captive. She felt his body tense up before he removed the knife from her throat.

She sucked in a deep breath, screaming seconds later when the man had slashed her thigh open. He instantly let go of her and rushed to the silver haired man, carrying him on his back before running out of the door. She watched as her blood soaked the fabric of her grey sweatpants, spilling out of the gaping cut. The pain spread through her whole right leg, making her scream in agony. Felix rushed over and held her body close to his chest gently as if she was a fragile piece of glass that would break at any moment. Woojin came over with a piece of cloth in hand, silently approaching her wound.

She yelped when she felt Woojin tie the cloth over her wound tightly in order to stop the bleeding. Felix cradled her body back and forth as a stray tear rolled down his cheek. She reached out to wipe the tear, her touch felt unusually cold as she gave him a week smile, his deep voice the last thing she heard before her world went black.