~Chapter 4~

Stunned, Yerin stood rooted in her spot as all the information processed in her head. Everything finally clicked and she shook her head, refusing to believe the fact that her parents were dead. She paced around the living room before remembering the note the bodyguard had left her with. She opened it with shaky hands, scared of what it would hold. There it was, written in big black letters was a name and an address she was unfamiliar with. The name was vaguely familiar and it took her a while to realize where she had seen it before. She walked back to her room, opening the bottom drawer and taking out the white box, retrieving the photograph from inside it. The name on the back of the photo was the same exact name written in the note she had received earlier on.

Suddenly remembering what the bodyguard had told her to do, she placed everything back into the white box before taking out a duffel bag to pack her clothes. She packed as many things as her bag would allow her, remembering to pack her white box, making sure it was well hidden among the clothes. She was not going to leave the box as she was sure she was never coming back to the house again.

She scanned her room one last time to see if she had forgotten anything when her eyes landed on the penguin plushie that sat in the middle of her bed. Her parents had bought it for her when she was five and she took good care of it ever since. She contemplated bringing it along with her, finally deciding to take it with her as it was the only thing left that she could remember her parents by. She closed the door to her room before walking down the familiar hallway as she looked at the pictures that lined the wall as she walked past them.

When she arrived in the living room, she found the same bodyguard waiting for her patiently on one of the couches. When he finally saw he emerge from the hallway, he stood up and ushered her to the door, carrying her duffel for her. He offered to take her penguin but she insisted on having it with her. When he opened the front door, there were at least five other bodyguards stationed outside to ensure that she made it safely into the car.

The moment she stepped outside, she was greeted by the cold air. She hasn't stepped foot outside of the house since she was twelve and she was shocked to see its current situation. The streets were empty and there was hardly anyone outside. It looked as if the place had been abandoned altogether. All the plants had wilted and what had been trees were now just empty branches. Everything seemed lifeless.

When she got into the car, she noticed that there were already three other bodyguards in said car. The windows were tinted so no one would know that she was in the car. She made herself comfortable in the back of the eight seater car with her penguin plushy taking up the seat next to her. The driver suddenly asked her if she had the address to the place they were going to. Assuming it was the address written on the note, she nodded her head before passing him the piece of paper, not in the mood to socialize with anyone at the moment. He gave the note back to her and started up the car, driving off as she left her home behind her, the building gradually becoming smaller before finally becoming out of sight.