Two

Captain  Kamal Noor alighted from a dark green military jeep, holding a leather folder, checked the address again, and then nodded at himself. He was at the right place. He moved his heavy body with alacrity towards the big bronze gate. A gatekeeper peeped through a spy hole, and then opened the gate.

“You must be Captain Noor.” Said the gatekeeper as he extended his hand to shake Amar.                                                                                                                                                                    
“Yes, I am.”
As they shook hands, the gatekeeper added unnecessary strength to his grip to impress the military officer .When he was told to expect a military officer, he had quickly wore is beret, almost covering his eyes, made sure his boots were glittering and his security uniform which was sawn like a military uniform was well worn.    

“Identification, please,” he said trying to sound hard,
“you know how our work is. I mean we the security men. We all are security men, are we not? you, the police, the  airforce, custom, immigration, we…..”                                                                                                                   
“ Sure, we all are.” Kamal cut in and showed an ID card.                                                                                   
“Come in comrade. My boss is waiting.”    

“Thank you…..comrade.” Amar said and it was obvious that the security man was overwhelmed as the military man called him a comrade. He was led into the large compound with exotic cars parked at a spacious parking space, a two storied mansion was standing at the middle with a beautiful lawn and flowers. The house reeked of opulence, sophistication and style. But the expressions on the faces of the couple that welcomed him was an epitome of melancholy.

The man was tall, chubby and light complexioned. Dressed in a simple caftan and flip flop. He was a little above fifty years old. His wife was of moderate height, slim and ravishingly beautiful. Her sulky eyes were behind a gold rimmed  glasses. She wore no makeup but her green brocade must have cost a fortune.   

“ I am khalid Idris. This is my wife, Aeesha. You must be Captain Kamal Noor.”                                         
“Yes, I am. It’s a pleasure meeting you? Kamal said, shook his hands and then nodded at her.                       
  “Please sit down.” Khalid said with a gesture. Amar made himself comfortable on a sofa as the couple sat opposite him.                                                                                                                                        
“What would you like to drink, officer?”   

“Thank you but I will have nothing.”                                                                                                                        
“You said it was to do with our daughter. Any news about her?”
Immediately Idris asked that question, Aeesha broke into tears. The daughter was their only surviving daughter. They had three sons. How beautiful and vivacious she had looked on that fateful day. Now they were hoping to find her dead body which they fear might have been shattered.                                                                                                                
“I am afraid, no,”Amar replied, “  I am an Intelligence Officer with ATOF: Anti-terrorism Operation Force.