Thirteen

Beeba sat behind the cab with a tumultuous heart. She had hoped for a happy comeback, eager to come back to her husband and children, until last night.
She wished she could just walk away, and go far she would never be seen again. Her heartbeat was faster, not knowing if Isa would find out from her appearance.

She arrived home about nineteen minutes later and          stood by the gate hesitating. She felt like going back. She could see his car parked in front of the house.
Before she could knock, the door opened and he peeped. She felt as if the ground should swallow up.

“Your other is around.” He said with a grin before he came to hug her. The children came out excited and embraced her.
They were excited to see her. She was filled with guilt but it seemed he could not see it on her face.
“How was Lag?” He asked.

No! Lagos was horrible. No! She was terrible. She did not want to hear that name now. Not now.
“Fine.” She said. “I- I missed you guys.”
The next few days were not easy for her. The guilt dwelled in her and sometimes she felt like telling someone maybe that could ease her. She felt the best person to tell was Isa but after a second thought, she discarded the idea totally.
Trouble started when the month came to an end. She had to go back to Lagos and that meant seeing Mangal again.

Okay, she would act as if nothing ever happened but she would never be in seclusion with him or any other man again.
She travelled to Lagos and she had to see him. They had acted as if nothing had happened. But the tension between them was palpable. They were not as free with each other like they used to be.  They were very formal and would not even share a joke. Mangal did not even ask after her husband like he used to do. They chose to do the reviews and reports at the lobby.
They stopped by 9:00PM and both left for their rooms. The next day, she went for the formal reports and signing. Mangal went for his duty.

She received the monthly distribution schedule and had to explain it to Mangal while they fix it.
They worked until it was 10:00PM.
“Goodnight.” He said and got up. She did not reply.
He ascended the stairs and got to the door to his room. He slot in the key and unlocked. He turned the door knob and pushed the door.

He went in and before he could close it, he felt someone behind him.
He frowned.
She gave him no time for wondering. She rushed in and grabbed him. He responded and they kissed while clothes dropped on the floor.
One hour later, while Mangal was pretending to be asleep, she lay on his body thinking.
How did it happen again? Why did it happen again?

She had regretted it the first time. Even now she did but there was a deeper problem.
Even in her deepest mood of regret and remorse, she could still feel the sparks his hand ignited in her. She could never stop thinking about his brio. She tried to run away from thoughts. When she closed her eyes, instead of running away from his thought, she saw him, his stout chest, the abs, the mean expression he had as he took her; those manly touches yet full of sensations and mildness.
These were thoughts she buried inside and refused to admit to herself. Thoughts that resonated with her. Now as she lay by his side, her head on his chest, after a hot love making, she knew she wanted more of him.

“I know you are awake.” She said.
He smiled and opened his eyes. He was feeling uncomfortable. If they claimed  it a mistake the last time it happened , why a second time?
He allowed the weakness of the mind toil with him. His physical needs and satisfaction got over him.

She had a body only a few men could resist. After the first time they had sex, the feelings lingered for long.
When he saw her yesterday, he had quickly took off his eyes and tried to forget her but he could not. When she followed him, he could not resist.
“We did it again.” He said. “We have to stop.”
“I know.” She said and after seeing that smile of his, she knew she was not ready to stop soon. “I could not resist you Mangal. I am horrible but I can’t help it. Why are bad things so sweet?”