Fourteen

The name on the cover of my published books is M.B Alee. That is my penname. I am Mahmoud Ali Bello. So when you see M.B Alee, know that the author is marmoodarlee. This book ( THE LAST INSURGENT) will be released next month insha Allah. The date is 4th  of October which coincides with my birthday. I will share a link where you will be told how to get it. THE ROOT OF A CYNOSURE will be released next week insha Allah but the hardcopy is not available in Nigeria yet. You can only get it from foreign distributors like Amazon and D2D, but the hardcopy will be available in Nigeria by next month insha Allah.  THE ROOT OF A CYNOSURE is one of my favourite books ever. I personally prefer it to MARRIED TO A FINK. For those of us in Nigeria, it will be cheaper to get it here because it cost 12 dollars there and less here. Thank you.
**************

“Hello.” Mangal said.  “Musty, how far? Hello….Hello.”
The line was cut. Mangal shrugged.
“The line if off. I will call him back later.” He said.

“Okay. I think I have made myself clear.”
“Yes Sir. I am sorry for any inconvenience that I may have caused but there is nothing going on between me and your wife but I will heed to what you have said.”
“Thank you very much. I will have to leave.”

“Okay sir.”
He nodded and walked away.
Mangal rushed back in and began to dial Beeba’s number but it was switched off. What was wrong? He hoped  he would not see her. He was jittery and unbalanced.
One hour later, he heard a knock and he peeped. It was her.

“Your husband is suspicious.” He said as he opened the door. He was here. You have to leave now and it has to stop. Did you see him? He is broken.”
“Let me in first. Standing here is risky.”
“What if he comes back?”

“I saw him leave.”
“What?”
“I became suspicious when you called me Musty. I know he is suspicious. He talked to me. They have been talking to him. Nothing is hidden under the sun and he way things are going, the way I am crazy over you, sooner or later the gaff would be blown.”

“Then we have to stop at this very moment.”
She moved in.
“I know.”

“I feel so bad about it. I am scared.”
“So am I.”
“He says he would tell his friend to work out my transfer. I think that is good idea.”
“I know right because I am afraid if I keep seeing you, it is going to be difficult. It is insane Mangal. I am married and I am in love with you. Yes, it’s not just about sex. It is about you.”

“We should stop talking about it. Please leave now.”
She eyed him.
“I just need one favour from you.”
“What?”

“One more time.”
“Hell no!”
“Please. Just once won’t count.”
“It counts. We have done a lot of damage.”

“Please….” Ad her veil was off, exposing her wide hips. He paused and took off his eyes.
“Mangal…..”
“Okay, just one more time.”

They locked the door and spent the next two hours on bed. She went home and met Isa on the serving his children food.
She pitied him and was glad she finally made a decision to let Mangal go. She wanted to things to back to normal. She would resume being her old self.
“Welcome.” He said.

“Thank you. I am sorry. I had a lot of work.”
“I understand. I want to talk to you. I will not waste time.” He turned at the kids. “Enjoy your food. I and mummy want to talk.”
They went to the bedroom and he sat on the bed.
“I went to Mangal.” He said. “I went to ask him to stay away from you and planned on telling you the same. I wanted it to end today and since I never saw anything wrong, or none of the people who spoke to me said they saw anything wrong, I wanted to put it behind me and we carry on.”
That was good news. Yes, they should all put it behind.