Chapter One.

"Brie, look." Kelsey hushed me and pointed to the direction that every girl was gaping at.

Lo and behold, the one, the only... Zach Herron. I looked at him in disgust, how could I forgive him. As he walks, I feel him walking in my direction.

"Babe, close your mouth. I think you don't want flies in there."

"Nope, just trying to give back the air that all of these girls aren't receiving." I make a move to finally leave, but Zach stops me.

"Watch your mouth, princess." He gets closer to me until I feel his minty breath fan my face.

"You should actually check your's, you probably have mouth herpes." I grab Kelsey and push Zach out of the way. We walk the halls until she reaches her class.

"Explain. Lunch." Kelsey points at me and walks in. I rush to class before the bell rings.

Who does Zach think he is? He killed my goldfish for God's sake. He's a murder after all. Mr.Woozy could've had a life ahead of him until he was brutally killed. He could've had a fish wife, maybe even a kid... like Nemo! Without the 'getting loss' part.

Rest In Peace, Mr.Woozy.

--

Lunch finally came around, and I rushed to get out of the classroom into the now very busy hallway. I walked slowly so I wouldn't be the first one there, and look like a loser waiting for Kelsey. I walk through the huge double doors, entering the large and loud room.

I see Kelsey already sitting down, so I make my way over to her. Until I feel someone grabbing my wrist, pulling me back. I turn to be faced with the only murderer I know, Zach Herron. I try to pull my wrist but his grip gets stronger and I give up.

"Brie." He starts, I remember when he used to call me that all the time, until the freak accident.

"It's Aubrie for you." I correct him. What if I killed his pet turtle, he probably wouldn't care. I mean, he doesn't have a heart.

"Why do you hate me?" He asks, letting my wrist go until going out to reach for my hand.

"You don't remember?" I gave him a death glare, him and his stupid memory.

"Nope, not even a little." He shrugs and I feel a little hurt, we spent our whole childhood together.

"Later." I bluntly told him and yanked my hand from his grip, I spotted Kelsey and walked her way. I took a seat next to her and grabbed one of her cookies.

"Is this about the goldfish thing, again?" She sighs but then laughs.

"Shut up. You know it was from my sister." I reminisced about the day she actually left, she told me she would come back. As you can see, she hasn't come back yet... it's been 11 years.

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry." She looks down at her food, regretting bringing that up. I rub her back, saying how it's not her fault and how my sister is missing out on my amazing personality.

...

The school day passed by pretty fast, the only time I wanted it to go slow. I have to face Zach and his unbelievably hot face. I walked as slow as I could to the door, hoping to take longer.