| one |

When Rebekah woke up, the grey having receded from her skin and her throat burning in hunger for something utterly sinful, she didn't react violently, not like she usually would

When Rebekah woke up, the grey having receded from her skin and her throat burning in hunger for something utterly sinful, she didn't react violently, not like she usually would. Her eyes snapped open and she took a moment to asses where she was - her coffin. Her mind whirled as she scanned her situation.

That was the moment she knew that Niklaus had not pulled out the dagger that he had placed in her chest. She had seen him dagger and un-dagger her siblings many times, having had it done to herself more than once too, and each time he pulled the dagger out he would leave blood and the coffin lid open; usually, he would also wait by the coffin so that he could make some terrible comment that only he found funny.  Yet here she was, thirsty and still confined in her coffin.

Looking down, her theory was confirmed. The dagger was laying on her stomach, or half off, as though it had fallen out of her chest. For the first time, Rebekah picked up the dagger and held it in her hand. It was surprisingly heavier than she had thought it would be. Niklaus never let her touch them, too afraid she would take the chance to run.

In the darkness of her coffin, she studied the stunning silver design that covered its hilt, marvelling at the beauty of something so dangerous to her. Never, in her many years of living, had she had the dagger just fall out. Niklaus had shoved a dagger in the chest, and sometimes back, of her siblings many times and never had they simple just fallen out.

Her mind whirled with possibilities, yet she stopped it. She needed to escape before Niklaus came, not sit here and ponder why she was finally free.

Finally, deciding that she had been laying there for long enough, the burning in her throat become too much to bear, she went to push the coffin lid open but paused. You idiot, she thought. Nik could be standing right there and he won't hesitate to shove the dagger in your heart once again.

Taking a moment to breath, she closed her eyes and focused in on the sounds around her. There was two voices, both of them clearly not her brother. Probably guards. Shoving the suffocating lid off her coffin finally, not caring how much noise it made, she sat up and let herself breath the fresh air once again. Instead, she found herself breathing in stale and dusty air, causing her to cough and splutter.

The two guards she had heard before came rushing in. They were obviously vampires, turned to serve her idiotic elder brother. Having not expected to see one of the original siblings awake, they stopping in their tracks and stared wide-eyed at the blonde.

Reacting quickly, Rebekah flung herself out of the coffin and ripped one of heir hearts out. She shoved the body to the ground and turned to his companion, her demonic vampire face on clear display. Grabbing the mans collar, she shoved him against the wall.

"You will not scream, you will not make a move. You will answer every single question I ask." She compelled. The man nodded and robotically repeated what she had said.

Stepping back, she looked around. "What year is it?" She asked.

"2005." He answered robotically. "Almost 2006."

She swore, picking up the nearest object to her and hurtling it to the other side of the room in anger. The object just so happened to be the coffin she had resided in for 85 years. Leaning down she pick up the dagger that had come flying out when the coffin made contact with the concrete walls that surrounded them. She was not going to accidentally leave this here, not for Nik to find and use on her again. The safest option would be to have it on her at all costs, at least until she could stash it somewhere safe.

"Fill me in on everything that has happened since the 1920s, will you?" She asked before pausing. "First, is there any blood here?" If these men were guarding the original siblings bodies, then they probably never left their building, so there would be a stash of blood somewhere. Maybe a human they had been feeding on.

The guard walked quickly to a small fridge in the corner of the room. Like everything, it was covered in a thick layer of grime and dust. The guard pulled out multiple bags of blood, and Rebekah's eyes widened. Handy, she thought, before ripping it open and downing the entire thing. starting on the second one, she drank it slower, relishing in the feeling of it soothing her burning throat.

The guard had gone over every major event or moment in the 85 years that Rebekah had been daggered, stopping more than one to refer to his 'telephone' and the 'internet' when he couldn't recall something. By the end, Rebekah's brain felt like it would explode, but she was glad to be in the loop. The guard then went on to explain modern technology and how it was used - This was what surprised Rebekah the most. So much had happened while she was asleep.

"Stay there," she commanded the guard, standing up to go and look at the other coffins. One wouldn't open, but the others held her brothers Kol and Finn. "Where is Elijah?" She asked the guard who merely shrugged in response.

Looking to the phone in her hand, she shut Kol's coffin lid and turned to the guard once more. "Get me Elijah's telephone number without involving Niklaus or telling him anything."

While the guard left to retrieve her favourite brother's number, she sat down and began to think. She had to get away, obviously, and she couldn't have Niklaus knowing where she was going. Her mind whirled with many different scenarios.

"I want to be with Stefan," she whimpered, tears coming to her eyes as she thought of her ripper lover. "But that's where Niklaus will assume I'll go when he finds out."

Composing herself quickly, she went back to plotting.