| seven |

When Rebekah returned to school the next day, she realised that she hadn't called her brother back

When Rebekah returned to school the next day, she realised that she hadn't called her brother back. Looking around quickly, she noted none of her friends were here yet, so she lent against the hold of her car and called Elijah.

"Rebekah," he almost growled over the phone. "You have been ignoring my calls."

"I'm sorry, Elijah. Something had come up. I met the pack, and we've made friends despite the scary stories they tell of Nik to their children." She said, dropping her bag to the floor.

"I am glad, I spent a lot of time fixing things with their leader. I would hate to have to come down and eliminate them for hurting you."

Rebekah rolled her eyes. "Careful there brother, you're sounding much like Nik."

"Please, sister. Don't ever say that again."

She simply laughed, before catching Jacob, Quil, and Paul making their way towards her. "I have to go brother, but I will call you tonight." She hung up before he could reply.

"Hey," Jake greeted. "Paul has something he'd like to ask you."

Rebekah turned to look at Paul who had a nasty bruise on his cheek. He slapped himself once more before sighing. "Please undo whatever you did to me."

Rebekah laughed before compelling him once again. Paul furrowed his eyebrows before breathing in relief, "it works." He said to his two pack brothers before stomping off.

Jacob and Quil laughed while Rebekah just rose an eyebrow at the hot headed wolf.

"Sam wants you to come and help hunt Victoria tomorrow," Jacob said after a moment of laughter.

Rebekah cocked her head to the side, a smirk present on her face. "Good, I've been waiting to kill something." She stated simply.

The boys gave her a horrified look. Quil quickly shot Jacob a look, "she's joking right?" He asked his best friend.

"I'm hoping so," Jacob responded. He tried to ignore the fluttering feeling in his chest as the blonde smirked.

Rebekah's phone began ringing again, causing the blonde to frown.

"What is it?" Jacob asked, watching as a look of horror covered her features.

"The only person who has my phone number is Elijah and you. I just got off the phone with Elijah and you're standing in front of me." She whispered.

Jacob took a few steps closer to his imprint, placing comforting hand on her shoulder. She lifted her left hand up to grip his on her shoulder, using her right hand to answer the phone and bring it up to her ear.

"Hello?" She spoke, her voice wavering slightly.

"Rebekah."

With that one word, Rebekah felt her entire world shut shatter.

"Klaus, how did you get this number?" She demanded. Jacob winced as her hand gripped his tightly.

"I had some friends do some investigating," Klaus spoke. "Sadly, all I have is a phone number. But it's only one step closer to you, dear sister. I hope you're enjoying you time hiding, it won't last for much longer." He laughed darkly, hanging up the phone.

Rebekah didn't move for a few moments, then reality caught up. Rage filled her and she hissed slightly, feeling her true face come out. Quil jumped back slightly.

"That bastard." She snapped, gripping her phone tight. She looked at it for a moment before crushing it in her hand. Jacob stared at the broken glass and plastic, quickly pulling her closer to comfort her.

Rebekah pulled back harshly. "Let's go hunt a cold one." She growled, needing to take her built up rage out in someone, anyone. Her heals clacked in the ground as she stomped over to her car.

Quil shot Jake one more look before running after the angry blonde, Jacob following closely with concern lingering in his gut.