| four |

The next day, despite Rebekah's complaints, Bella insisted on taking her beat up orange piece of crap car to her friends house

The next day, despite Rebekah's complaints, Bella insisted on taking her beat up orange piece of crap car to her friends house. Rebekah was only new to modern cars, but even she knew that the car was crap. However, she wanted to meet someone new, and if she had to sit in a death trap than so be it.

"You're going to love him, Bekah," Bella said as she drove along. "His names Jacob, he's my best friend. He's probably one of the nicest people you'll meet."

Rebekah studied the girls face as she spoke, realising that she didn't hold any romantic feelings towards this Jacob fellow, which was unusual considering how she kept going on about how amazing he was. You'd think that he saved her life or something.

The house that Bella pulled up to was bright red, with a shed next to it that looked like it was larger than the house itself. There was something old looking about the house that made Rebekah feel comfortable. "I'll introduce you to his dad first!" Bella said, getting out of the truck and slamming the door shut.

As soon as Rebekah's boot covered feet landed on the muddy ground, the front door of the red house opened and a man in a wheelchair rolled out.

"Hey Billy," Bella greeted, walking up to the man with a smile. "This is my new friend, Rebekah. She's going to La Push high school, so I thought I'd introduce her to Jacob."

Billy smiled widely, "sounds like a great idea."

Rebekah chose that moment to walk up. "Hello, sir. I'm Rebekah Michaels." She held her hand out for him to shake. As the elder male shook her much paler hand, he took notice of the lapis lazuli ring on her middle finger.

Rebekah's heart almost stopped beating. He was going to recognise her, she would have to call Elijah and pack up and leave already.

Thankfully, the man just smiled again. "Billy Black, lovely to see that Bella has more than one friend." He teased to brunette who just laughed awkwardly.

"Come on, Bekah. Jake's in the shed, waiting." Bella grinned, beginning to walk to the large shed.

Jacob Black was not what Rebekah was expecting. He wasn't some scrawny boy with a too big head or squeaky voice like most sixteen year olds. He was tall, with long shiny brown hair and a gorgeous smile. Rebekah almost blushed when he turned and caught her eyes.

"Hey Bella!" He called, walking out to meet them. "Who's your friend?" There was nothing rude about the way he said asked the question, he was simply curious.

"Rebekah Michaels, lovely to meet you." She said, keeping her hands in her jacket pockets. For some reason, she felt that she might swoon if his skin touched hers. Calm down, Rebekah! She hissed to herself mentally. Do not get attached.

"She's going to be starting at your school on Monday." Bella paused for a moment, before turning to the girl next to her. "How old are you, sorry?"

Jacob thought that was hilarious. "Jeez, Bella, you bring her here without knowing how old she is?" He laughed.

Rebekah let out a chuckle of her own, ignoring how her heart skipped a beat at his laughter. "I'm sixteen." Really, she was changed when she was seventeen, almost eighteen, but by saying she's sixteen she gets to stay in the town longer.

"Good, you're in my year! This means I can show you around." Jacob grinned at the blonde.

By Monday, Rebekah was completely calm. She had spent the entire Saturday with Jacob and Bella. The Quileute boy was easy to talk to, and kept telling the blonde that she would love the school. So, when the day came along, she knew that she would be fine.

Pulling up the school, she took a deep breath before climbing out of the car with her bag and beginning the walk inside. She could feel the eye of everyone in the car park on her, bringing back some of the nerves she thought had gone away. Then, she reminded herself that she was a thousand year old original vampire who could burn this school down and a confident smirk plastered itself on her face. She kept her chin up almost the entirety of the way to the front entrance, until she heard someone yell "Rebekah!"

Turning quickly, she ran straight into a very warm and very hard chest. Looking up, she met the eyes of an angry looking male. "Watch where you're going." He snapped, a sneer on his face as he looked at her.

"Is that any way to talk to a lady?" Rebekah hissed back before she could stop herself. Really, men these days had no manners. If this were the 20s, he would be kissing her feet.

"Lady? Where?" The boy snapped, before shoving past her to walk into the school. Rebekah just huffed.

"Hey," a breathless voice spoke causing her to turn. She met the eyes of a puffed out Jacob.

"Did you run from the other end of the car park?" The blonde asked with a smirk.

"I saw you run into Paul, thought I might need to save you. He's a real hothead, probably not afraid to hit a girl." Jacob explain, a worried look on his face. "He didn't hurt you or anything?"

Rebekah just laughed. "I'm fine, I can deal with a few nasty words."

"Yo." A voice spoke up from behind Jacob before said boy could reply to her.

"Oh, Rebekah, this is my boy Quil." Jacob introduced.

"Nice to meet you." She said, politely holding her hand out for the boy to shake. He grinned and shook her hand happily.

"Come on, I'll walk you to class." Jacob said, leading her into the school.

Rebekah had been to school many times before, albeit many many many years ago. She had never, however, been friends with only boys in school. So, when lunch came around, and she found herself sitting at a table with just Quil and Jacob, she couldn't say she was shocked with they started acting like little boys.

"What's up with them?" Rebekah asked, using some of the modern lingo she had recently learnt, referring to a table where three tanned and bulk boys sat with one female. The female was tucked under the arm of one of the boys, and she noticed that the asshole she ran into earlier that day was sitting there.

"That's Sam's cult." Quil said, sounding like it was a sore subject. Rebekah rose an eyebrow, asking for someone to elaborate.

"They follow this guy, Sam Uley, around. They all used to be normal. See that guy there," Jacob pointed to the boy sitting with his back to them. "His names Embry. He used to be our best friend. Suddenly he missed a few weeks of school, wouldn't return our calls, and now he's one of Sam's lackeys. Used to call them hall monitors on steroids, now look at him."

Rebekah watched as the boy, Embry's, shoulders tensed as Jacob spoke, her eyebrows furrowed. No one should have been able to hear what Jake was saying, considering he was whispering and their table was fairly far away. Rebekah's mind began to whirl as she watched them. Her eyes shifted over the rest of the table before picking up on the heated glare Paul was sending her.

Dropping her eyes, Rebekah took a sip from her water bottle. "That's really weird," she said finally. The boys both nodded in agreement.