| three |

"So, this town is completely unheard of?" Rebekah asked, looking over a map while he brother typed away on his laptop

"Completely. Nothing ever happens there, it is surrounded by woods, and it is constantly raining." Elijah said.

"Perfect, exactly the place Niklaus would never look for me. It goes against everything that is me." Rebekah grinned.

"I have brought you a house, as we speak I have some men moving in furniture and stocking the fridge with blood."

Rebekah turned to her brother with wide eyes. "That was very quick, I have only been with you for two days."

"Modern technology is a wonder. Now," he placed the laptop aside. "Here is a card I ordered for you. You saw me use mine yesterday when we went to buy you clothes?" Rebekah nodded. "Good. This is connected to my account; you have unlimited funds at all times."

"Elijah, you didn't have to do that." She spoke incredulously.

"Of course I did, you are my only sister. I need to keep you safe." Rebekah smiled at her brother, wrapping her arms around him in a hug.

Pulling away, she sat down again. "I want to go to school, I need to accustom myself to modern times and modern teenagers. Is there a school in Forks?" She asked.

"One in Forks and one ten minutes away on a reservation called La Push." Elijah said after tapping away at his computer for a moment. "I'll call and enrol you into Forks high."

"No, please enrol me into the one in La Push." Rebecca said, pushing her hair behind her ears. "When Nik realised that I am gone, he will immediately look to you. No doubt, he can find out all the properties in your name and track them down one by one. If he does find the Forks property, he wont be able to hurt anyone I know I will come to care about," Rebekah explained.

Elijah was stunned, his sister had put a lot of thought into this. Sometimes, he forgot that his sister was very smart, despite her ability to act carelessly. He supposed it was his sisters ability to love uncontrollably and unconditionally that made her appear naive and dumb. He silently swore at his brother for being the reason his sister had to run and hide, forcing her to plan out every single action and movement she made.

Somehow, he knew that she wouldn't be loving unconditionally or uncontrollably for a long time.

"Of course, sister." He nodded. "Although, if you must know, the house is under the name Rebekah Michaels, just to throw him off some. I thought it would be too much to try and change your name completely, but this should help somewhat. Oh and," Elijah placed the laptop on the table in front of him and got up gracefully, walking over to a package he had previously placed on the bed in his hotel room. "This is your new I.D. Your credit card says your new name too."

Rebekah looked down at the I.D in her hand. "This is why you took that photo of me yesterday!" She exclaimed, studying the small photo of herself on the card.

Elijah merely chuckled.

Then something caught Rebekah's eye, or rather it did not. "Elijah," She whispered, tearing her eyes off the small image of her. "My necklace is missing. I hadn't realised until now, I do not have it on me!" She almost yelled. He necklace her mother had given her, the one she cherished above all, was missing. She had been asleep for eighty years, it could be anywhere.

"Rebekah..." Elijah trailed off, deciding rather to get up from the couch and embrace his little sister, knowing exactly how much this piece of jewellery meant to her.

—————

Elijah drove Rebekah to her new house the next day. It took a many hours, but it was less traceable than a plane, or at least that was what Elijah said. The guard Rebekah had stolen was now safely under Elijah's wing, rather than dead. Elijah he compelled him, wiping his loyalty to Niklaus, and set him off to make a life for himself - though he was always at Elijah's beck and call.

The house Elijah had purchased was a simple double story with peeling white paint and bland gardens (although not much could grow in this dreary town). "Perfect," was all Rebekah said when she saw it. She was, after all, known for being extravagant, so this was completely out of her comfort zone and not something Niklaus would look for.

"Before I go," Elijah said, watching Rebekah unpack all the clothing he had purchased for her. "I want to teach you how to drive and get you a car."

That was an experience. Rebekah was not the greatest driver and, if it weren't for her vampire reflexes, she would have crashed many times. However, Elijah was a patient teacher and soon enough she was able to drive. He left her with a simple black SUV, brand new, because Elijah just wanted what was best, but nothing too flashy to gain attention.

By the time Elijah had to leave, Rebekah already missed him. She had spent more quality time with her noble brother now than she had all those years ago. She never realised how much she cherished him.

"Remember to call me every day." He said, sounding much like a mother. Rebekah laughed loudly, gaining the attention of her neighbours, who decided that was a good time to walk over and introduce themselves.

"Hi, I'm Chief Swan and this is my daughter Bella," the man with the moustache said, shaking Elijah's hand and smiling at me. I turned to the timid looking brunette and flashed her a smile as well, to which she returned hesitantly.

"Elijah Michaels, pleasure to meet you. This is my sister Rebekah." Elijah spoke, as charming as always.

"Lovely to meet you," Rebekah spoke for the first time.

"Are you going to Forks high?" Bella asked, as Charlie and Elijah spoke to each other - Elijah explaining to Charlie that he travelled a lot and was sad to be leaving his sister all alone. Charlie was quick to say he'd keep an eye on the blonde, to which Elijah was thankful.

"No, I'm going to be going to the high school on La Push," at Bella's puzzled look Rebekah quickly added "Forks High didn't want to accept me for some reason," she lied.

Bella frowned but nodded along anyways. "Well, I can introduce you to someone I know who goes there?"

Rebekah was quick to agree. Despite being a thousand year old original vampire, she was still nervous to start at a new high school. "Please, I hate starting new schools without knowing anyone!"

"I'm free tomorrow, I'm going down to visit my friend and I'll introduce you. That way, for Monday, you'll know at least one friendly face." 

"Thank you so much." Rebekah said.

Her neighbours were quick to leave after that, and not long after, so was Elijah. Rebekah sat down at her new couch, a blood bag in hand as she began to think to herself.

There was something sad and broken about Bella, it was a type of sadness that Rebekah had never seen or experienced before - and there had been a lot of sad times in her life. Unlike most people faced with this situation, Rebekah did not feel the need to comfort or fix the girl. He gut told her that getting too attached was not a good idea. However, that didn't mean she couldn't use her to meet someone from her new school.