10 | Suspicion

"Actually, don't you think it's absurd? I wouldn't need to ask, Dahyun would've told me the culprit immediately if she wanted him or her to get caught."

"Now it hits you."

Sana glared at Nayeon.

"Sana has a point. In that case, that would only mean that..." Jihyo chimed in.

"Dahyun was covering up for the culprit." Tzuyu finished it for her.

"Why would she do that?" Jihyo looked at the youngest expectantly.

"Either they have some special relationships, or the culprit had something against her." Tzuyu answered.

"Something against her? Even till death?" Sana asked with a puzzled look.

"I don't know okay." Tzuyu huffed, "For now, let's all stay together."

"Stay together? Until when? Until the killer comes knock on our door again?" Nayeon scoffed.

"Look, let's just trust the police force on this okay?" Tzuyu ruffled her hair in frustration.

"Trust the police force? Look what happened when we trusted this on those bunch of useless idiots. Two more died!" Nayeon screamed.

"Stop!" Sana shrieked. They looked at each other as silence once again engulfed them.

"But Nayeon has a point. We can't rely mainly on the police force, we can't risk another one of us being in danger." Jihyo said.

"Now look who's pretending to be the good guy." Nayeon mocked.

"Nayeon unnie, stop! You're crossing the line." Chaeyoung said angrily.

"You're not concerned because nothing has happened to your Mina yet."

"Are you cursing her?" Chaeyoung stepped closer to Nayeon with a challenging tone in her voice.

"Hey, it's okay Chaeng." Mina pulled Chaeyoung back but Chaeyoung brushed her away.

"Now everyone is against me!" Nayeon laughed bitterly, "Fine then, if you guys hate me so much."

Nayeon slowly backed away. She grabbed her coat and looked at the rest with an unreadable expression, before strutting out of the house slamming the door shut behind her.

"I need to go look for her." Sana said and headed for the door.

"Don't."

Sana looked at Jihyo.

"Are you suspecting me?"

"O-of course not." Jihyo was taken aback.

"Then mind your own business."

Jihyo gaped.

"Sana unnie, I'll go with you." Tzuyu volunteered.

Sana looked like she was thinking about it, then after a while nodded lightly.

"Jihyo, you trust me right?" Tzuyu asked before she left the house with Sana.

Jihyo couldn't produce a single sound, she just nodded feebly.

With that single affirmation, Tzuyu left the house more confidently with Sana.