16 | The End

"Tzuyu?" Mina frowned.

Was her prediction wrong? Tzuyu was the killer?

"Mina...it's not what you think." Tzuyu approached her slowly.

"Stay back!" Mina waved a knife threateningly at her as she felt hot tears sliding down her cheeks.

She was wrong. The person she had least suspected was the killer. Tzuyu was the cold-hearted creature. Her mind was so messed up she would kill her own love just for Chaeyoung to be the sacrificial lamb.

Mina knew now. She wondered if it was too late.

"Tzuyu, put the knife down. Surrender and go to the police, whatever your motive is." Mina talked softly.

The knife dropped from Tzuyu's hand.

"It's not me..." Tzuyu cried as she fell to her knees beside the knife.

Chaeyoung held onto her wound as she stood up silently behind Tzuyu, with a swift motion, she knocked Tzuyu unconscious.

"Let's bring her to the police."

"Before that, let's treat your wound." Mina said in concern.

Chaeyoung hesitated but still nodded obediently. As Mina settled down across Chaeyoung with a first aid kit, she felt guilt. How could she have suspected this innocent cub? But Chaeyoung didn't know right?

"Um...thank you, for...saving me, and this..."

Mina just smiled. To Mina, everything was still too surreal for her to process. Nine of them, now they only had three alive, she wasn't even sure if she should count Tzuyu as one.

"Done." Mina announced as she tie a last knot of bandage.

Their hands both reached for the kit and the contact made the duo look up.

Chaeyoung leaned closer. Mina caught Chaeyoung staring at her lips, it was just the two of them now, she could...

But as Chaeyoung's breath hit Mina, she still pushed the latter away.

"I'm sorry." Chaeyoung apologised, "Let's get Tzuyu to the police first."

Mina nodded awkwardly.

Charyoung helped the girl pull Tzuyu into the back seat of the car with her before getting into the driver's seat.

On the way there, Chaeyoung kept checking on Mina from the rear mirror. The atmosphere was uncomfortably silent. Somehow, Mina felt that something wasn't quite right.

As the police station slowly enter her vision, Mina felt some part inside her relax.

She subconsciously straightened up as she got ready to alight but Chaeyoung showed no sign of stopping.

"Chaeng?"

Chaeyoung kept driving. They already passed the station.

Mina thought she saw a smirk.

Chaeyoung swerved as she drove into a dark narrow alley Mina didn't recognise.

"Greetings my lady, I am Son Chaeyeon, Chaeyoung's twin."