Chapter One: This is Our Life

Sitting in her office in the Santiago Bernabéu stadium, wearing a maternity midi bodycon dress in cracked print paired with pink T-bar barely there high heeled sandals Alyssa Silvera smiled as she watched her fifteen month old son.

Lucas Ramos Silvera was play with his father; the brunette rested a hand on her swollen belly as her son looked up at her.

“Mama,” Lucas said making Sergio Ramos roll his eyes at his son as he cuddled the little boy to his chest; the footballer couldn't have been happier when it was revealed that Lucas was his biological son.

“No Papa… Mama,” Lucas cooed making him hold him his arms as Iker Casillas walked into the office, the goalkeeper grinned at the sight of his husband and wife before his eyes fell on Lucas.

Iker grinned as he picked Lucas up out of Sergio’s arms and cuddled the little boy; things hadn’t been easy for the group when the paternity was revealed, Iker had felt a little pushed out since he was the only that didn't have a child.

“How are you feeling?” Iker asked Alyssa as he looked at her, the brunette rolled her brown eyes as she looked between her husbands.

Iker was the father of Alyssa’s second child since Fernando already had Nora and Sergio had Lucas, the Spaniard couldn't wait to have a child of his own.

“I’m fine… our little girl is fine,” Alyssa insisted making Iker grin as Sergio took Lucas from him, the little boy pouted as he still hadn’t found himself in his mother’s arms.

Sergio chuckled at the look on Iker’s face as he sat down in front of Alyssa’s desk, Lucas played with his father’s cobalt 6mm flat double milgrain wedding ring as the phone in Alyssa’s office rang.

“Hola, Ms. Alyssa Silvera speaking,” she said making the two footballers frown a little; it disappointed them that their wife couldn't use her married name.

However it would cause nothing but trouble if Alyssa started to answer the phone as Mrs. Alyssa Casillas Torres Ramos; the press would have a field day if the Real Madrid and the Spanish National Team co-ordinator shared the surnames of three footballers.

“Yes… I’ll see Del Bosque on Thursday,” Alyssa said even after four years she still refused to call Vicente and Trini, her grandparents; something that upset them more since they wanted to be able to bond with their eldest granddaughter and their great grandchildren.

Iker and Sergio looked at Alyssa who rolled her eyes as she hung up her office phone.

“What was that about?” Sergio asked concerned it was rare that Vicente requested to see Alyssa during work hours.

The brunette was twenty-six weeks pregnant and it was doubtful that she would be traveling with the team to Brazil; something that seemed to unsettle the team to no end.

Alyssa had been with them when they had won the 2010 World Cup and Euro 2012, it didn't seem right that she wasn’t there for this one.

***

“Don’t forget you have to pick Fernando up tomorrow afternoon,” Alyssa said to Sergio as he dried the dishes after dinner; the footballer grinned at his wife as she rested at the kitchen table with Nora, who had returned from pre-school.

Fernando had wanted his daughter to have some sort of female influence while she grew up and since he had full custody of Nora; he had decided that it would be best if she lived with Alyssa in Madrid.

Olalla had moved back to Santiago de Compostelaso that she could be closer to her parents as she moved on with her life after Fernando; she kept in close contact with her daughter, but preferred not to get involved in Nora’s life.

“I won’t,” Sergio said as Nora continued to draw, Alyssa rested a hand on her swollen stomach making the footballer raise an eyebrow at her.

“She’s just moving around a lot,” Alyssa said knowing how worried her three husbands had been when she had been carrying Lucas after their wedding.

Iker furrowed his brow as he walked back into the kitchen and looked at her concerned as she tried to focus on Nora and not the concerned looks of two of her three husbands.

“I’m fine,” Alyssa insisted again making Iker roll his eyes as he sat next to her, the brunette glanced at him as he watched her closely; Iker had been worried about Alyssa since she had entered her second trimester.

“Iker, serious we are fine… you need to stop worrying about us,” Alyssa said making the Spaniard sigh as Sergio left the room to check on Lucas, who was having a nap.

Alyssa offered him a reassuring smile as she watched him for a moment, she knew that the idea of leaving her in Madrid while the team travelled to Brazil hadn’t settled well with her husbands; however with the baby not due until September, there was little worry of her arriving early.

“I just worry… I don’t know what I would do if something happened to you or our little girl,” Iker said making Alyssa smile at him as she took his hand and rested it on her stomach. Iker smiled as he rubbed his thumb along the skin of her stomach, he couldn't wait to hold his little girl in his arms.

“Nothing will happen to us Iker,” Alyssa said as she looked at him closely, she hated the idea of being left behind as much as the boys hated leaving her behind; but they had little choice since it wouldn’t be safe for Alyssa to fly.

***

David del Bosque sighed as he listened to his wife happily chat with their eldest daughter over the phone; it had been nearly two years and he couldn’t believe that he was a grandfather now.

David could never regret making his decision to walk her down the aisle and he was thrilled that she had welcomed him back fully into her life; he loved spending time with Lucas and Nora.

The christening had been a wonderful affair and the only person missing had been Paqui, she refused to accept that Lucas was her grandson and wanted nothing to do with him or Sergio’s marriage.

David smiled as he lay back in bed while Amelia talked with Alyssa about their unborn granddaughter; he had been thrilled when Alyssa had announced her second pregnancy.

Adam had married his girlfriend, Lisa Garcia, of seven years several months ago after the couple had celebrated the birth of their own son, Aaron Silvera; who was now six months old.

Adam was now working as a teaching assistant at the local primary school while he completed his training; it had surprised the entire family when the Spaniard had announced what he wanted to do.

His wife Lisa was a paediatric nurse at the local hospital and was just returning from maternity leave; meaning that Aaron was being looked after by David and Amelia while his parents were at work.

Amelia flashed her husband a smile as she ended the call, she loved her nightly chats with their eldest daughter.

“How’s Alyssa?” David asked as he looked at his wife who rolled her eyes amused at him, she was thrilled that everything had finally worked out for both of their eldest children.

“She’s fine… a little nervous about the boys going to Brazil,” Amelia said making David smile.