Chapter Twenty-One: Spain vs Germany

Alyssa smiled softly as she watched her husband, she was wearing a red cowl neck blouse and black bootcut suit trousers paired with black square toe court shoes; she couldn’t help but feel proud of him.

Iker kissed Alyssa softly, they fully intended to keep their traditions alive especially since this was Iker’s last year on the national team; he would be retiring after this tournament.

“Good luck,” Alyssa said as Iker cupped her face, they knew that Rico would choose the final to strike but it was when he would do it; everyone was on edge right now and not just because of the match.

Iker sighed before lifting Viola out of his wife’s arms and holding her close for a moment before he kissed her head gently, he closed his eyes as he held his daughter close; he couldn't believe that Viola was four weeks old.

Viola was wearing the blue mini goalkeeper kit that her father was wearing, Iker was thrilled that Viola was wearing it especially since it made him determined to make her proud of him.

Iker sighed as he hand Viola back to her mother, he was being a little selfish this final by keeping Alyssa here; she still had to see Sergio and Fernando before the match began with their children.

“Be careful,” Iker implored her, he didn't want Rico being able to slip past their protection; Iker didn't know what he would do if something happened to Alyssa or the children.

Alyssa nodded as she glanced at Viola who was balanced on her hip, she wasn’t sure what would happen but she hoped that Spain could do this.

Alyssa pressed one last kiss to Iker’s lips before she slipped away to find her other husbands, Iker watched her leave; he couldn't let Rico get away with revealing their secret to the world.

Alyssa’s next stop was with Sergio and this time Lucas was with her, she watched his face light up at the sight of his son wearing his red jersey; she had done this with all three children.

Sergio kissed Alyssa softly, like with Iker’s the kiss was soft, something that the last two final kisses hadn’t been; it was clear the tension was starting to get to the footballers.

“Good luck,” Alyssa said softly before passing Lucas off to his father, Sergio smiled contently as he held his son close; he pressed a quick kiss to the little boy’s head.

“Papa,” Lucas said making Sergio smile, none of what was happening around him mattered to him; all that mattered was the little boy in his arms and the woman that stood before him.

“Be careful,” Sergio said making Alyssa nod as she flashed him a smile, she would hear the same from Fernando when she saw him.

Offering Alyssa one last kiss, Sergio passed their seventeen month old son back to her before he disappeared into the crowd; he had to see Iker about what they would do with Rico, they couldn't let him win.

Alyssa’s final stop was with Fernando and this was with Nora, who was also wearing her father’s red jersey for the match.

Like with the last two kisses that she had shared with her other husbands, this one with Fernando was equally as soft; he cupped her face gently as they kissed.

“Good luck,” Alyssa said gently making Fernando nod before he moved to pick his four year old daughter up, he held Nora close while he watched Alyssa closely.

“Good luck Papa,” Nora said making Fernando at her and press a kiss to her head, Nora kissed his cheek before he turned his attention back to Alyssa.

“Be careful,” Fernando said as he set Nora back on the floor and she took her step-mother’s hand, Alyssa nodded as she kissed Fernando again; she didn't know how she would cope if she lost any of them.

Fernando looked at her one last time before he moved off in search of Iker and Sergio, his thoughts already making a plan to stop Rico from revealing their secret.

***

Alyssa smiled as she sat down next to Monica, the older woman smiling at her before she handed Viola back to her mother; it was clear that everyone was nervous about the threat that Rico posed right now.

“How are they?” Monica asked after the national anthems had finished and the footballer took to the field, Fernando was starting the match on the bench while both Iker and Sergio had made the starting line-up.

“Nervous,” Alyssa said making Monica smile at her, she knew that they were worried about what Rico would do to reveal their secret to the world; they had no idea how people would react to a polygamous marriage, a lot of people wouldn’t approve and things for Alyssa would become difficult.

“It’ll be okay… we all know and understand your way of life,” Monica said softly making Alyssa nod as she watched the match start; she hadn’t missed the worried glance from her parents, she hadn’t really spent much time with them since they had arrived to watch the final.

“You haven’t told them,” Monica guessed softly as she glanced at Amelia and David, who were watching their grandchildren; they had arrived that morning from their holiday and had no idea what had been going on.

“Not yet… how do I tell them that the man who put me in hospital four years ago, is here and threatening to tell the world of my marriage,” Alyssa said making Monica nod understandingly as she glanced at Amelia, who seemed to sense that she was being kept in the dark about something.

“Don’t look now but I think they know something is up…” Monica said as Amelia moved to speak with Alyssa; there was no hiding something like this from her parents.

***

The family were currently standing in one of the private rooms that were empty as David stared at his eldest daughter in shock as he listened to her explain what had been happening recently; he couldn't believe that Rico was out of prison so soon.

Amelia blinked back tears as she realised that Alyssa had been through so much, she hadn’t been able to be there for her.

“I’m sorry,” Amelia said as she blinked back tears and hugged her daughter, she felt like a horrible mother for not knowing that Alyssa had post-partum depression and now that Rico was back she wanted to be there for her.

“It’s okay madre,” Alyssa murmured as she glanced at her children, she had to be strong for them; no matter what happened now she was a mother and she had to protect them and stand by her husbands.

David paced the room furiously, he couldn’t believe that they hadn’t been told that Rico had been released from prison; let alone that he was able to come after Alyssa.

David had wanted to murder his daughter’s ex-boyfriend when they had sent him to prison for what he had done to Alyssa but to hear that he was now here made his blood boil.

"What are you going to do?” David asked as he turned to his daughter, he hoped that there was some plan to stop Rico from blackmailing them and he wanted to ensure his daughter and three grandchildren were safe.

Alyssa shook her head, she hadn’t really thought that far and she was sure that once the final was over that they would do something about this.

The score was still nil-nil and her husbands were surely focused on making sure that Spain won the world cup.