Shopping

Rin's POV

I stood by the edge of the pool watching Sousuke swim butterfly.

"Wow nobody kills it on butterfly like Yamazaki" Ai gasped from beside me.

I crossed my arms observing Sousuke's stroke. "You think what he's doing now is impressive wait till he decides to quit holding back" I said to Ai

I continued to stare at Sousuke why wasn't he using his full strength. I could tell he was holding back I just wasn't sure why. "Sousuke" I thought out loud.

"Huh?" Ai asked

But before I could respond one of the other members of the swim club yelled "Yo captain you've got to see this"

I looked over to where the voice came from "This Momo guy is really good when he goes full out" 

"He just broke the club record" another member said "where's he been all this time?"

"Looks like we might have underestimated h-" I said but was cut off by Momo crashing into the wall. I groaned "at least it gives him something to work for" 

I then let the members congratulate Momo and turned my attention back to Sousuke. He had stopped swimming in the middle of his lane and was leaning heavily against the lane divider. 

"Sousuke?" I called out to him worried he looked at me and smiled then swum to where I was standing.

I offered him my hand to help him out of the pool "hey you okay?" I asked kind of concerned 

"Yeah fine" he said taking my hand and I pulled him out of the pool "then why did you stop in the middle?" I asked 

"Tired." He said simply "I didn't sleep well"

I decided to let the subject go as I knew that Sousuke in fact had not slept well the previous night as when I had woken up at 3:00am Sou was awake.

I walked over to the bench and grabbed a towel "here" I said flinging it at him. "Thanks" he said catching it.

We then looked towards the pool seeing Ai swimming breaststroke "the kids got promise but he's not relay ready. He's still to slow" Sousuke observed

 I nodded in an agreement "I know heart will only take him so far. He's gotta learn sink or swim isn't about raw talent it's about hard work. Without dedication talent alone ain't gonna cut it." I said 

Sousuke looked down hiding his face "Sou?" I asked I didn't get an answer "let's get out of here" I said leading him to the changing rooms.

We got dressed in silence I wanted to ask him why he was acting so strange but he suddenly said "You know Rin I think you should get a new swim suit" 

I looked down at my swim suit and nodded in agreement "I suppose you're not wrong we'll go buy some new ones as a team."

Time Skip

"Okay guys meet back here in an hour. Now don't go crazy buy whatever swim suit that suits you" I said to the team "yes sir" they replied in unison then went in search for new swim suits.

I sighed "thanks for coming I know you both probably had better things to do" I said turning to Sousuke and Ai.

"It's fine" Ai said cheerily 

"No worries I was thinking about buying myself a new swimsuit anyway" Sousuke said examining the pair in his hands. I smiled at him

"GOU!! HEY GOU" Momo shouted I looked up was Gou here?