Relay

Rin's POV

I paced around the room nervously. Where the hell was Sousuke? I checked my phone for the fifth time seeing if Sousuke had texted me. I groaned. Stupid big idiot making me worry. What was he thinking going out without telling me with his bad sense of direction? And on the night before the race.

As I was about to call him the door opened and in walked Sousuke.
"Where the hell have you been?" I asked angrily

"Out" he replied shrugging

"Don't get smart with me you can't just go out without telling me" I snapped back unusually angry

"I think you'll find that I can" he said in his monotone voice

What's going on with him?

"Next time tell me where you're going" I demanded

Sousuke just shrugged and mumbled "Whatever" then walked over to the ladder to climb onto the top bunk I don't know if it was my imagination but I could have sworn he winced slightly.

Time Skip

Sousuke's POV

Rin and I were in the locker room changing in preparation for our race.

"You know it's been quite awhile since we've done a real tournament together." Rin said I continued to stare at the lockers not wanting to meet his eye.
"Yeah" I said trying to keep the emotion out of my voice as my mind flashed back to the last race we swam together.

"Let's win." Rin said simply "sound like a plan?"

"Of course" I agreed now staring at the floor "that's why we swim right?" I added

I didn't know why I swam anymore. I was lost maybe relay is what I needed to find out. All I knew is that I wanted to swim with Rin.
Rin stayed silent I could feel his gaze on me. I know he was worried about me and could tell something was off but thankfully he didn't know about my injury.

"Let's go" I said walking out of the locker rooms without looking at him.

Time Skip

As I stood on the platform I couldn't help but glance at Nanase he looked so calm and relaxed. I thought back to how Rin admired Nanase and how close they had gotten. Maybe they were more than friends. I gripped my hands in frustration at the thought

I watched intently as Nanase and Rin talked. Jealousy pooled in my stomach as Rin flashed his signature grin. I watched momo jump into the pool determination evident on his face.

"Ready, on your marks, get set, Go" the speaker yelled

Momo quickly took the lead I could hear Samezuka cheering "Fight,Fight" in the background but by the turn makoto had caught up to momo.

I prepared myself to dive in and when the breaststroke swimmer hit the side I dived into the water. Samezuka had the lead and intended to keep it that way.

As I swam as hard as could all the thoughts about Rin and Nanase. I lengthened the lead but suddenly my shoulder twinged painfully. I gasped water entering my lungs I kept going but could feel my shoulder getting worse.

Rin's POV

I watched Sousuke lengthen Samezuka's lead smiling as he looked so in control. But then something happened he lost momentum as he slowed down and by the time he hit the wall Samezuka was only just ahead of Iwatobi.

Sousuke's POV

I climbed out the pool ignoring the throbbing pain from my shoulder as I turned to look at the pool I could see Rin and Nanase neck and neck.