Hospital

Rin's POV

"Well done today team! Those of you who made it to nationals congratulations but you should all be proud of yourselves and your team. If there are no more questions you are dismissed" I said trying to keep my voice level and calm.

The ride back to Samezuka had been quiet nobody dared to speak as I sat at the back of the coach alone. I stared at the seat that Sousuke should be sitting and now I stood addressing my team in the indoor pool at Samezuka.

"Um Captain?" A quiet voice asked I looked at Ai "Is...is there any news about Sousuke?" He asked hesitant

I swallowed waiting a second to speak. I could tell the whole team had been wanting to ask this but none of them new how I would react.

"I'm going to the hospital now to find out what's going on" I said trying to sound authoritative "I will fill you in on any information afterwards"

The team looked at me as if waiting for me to say more so I snapped "dismissed"

The team filed out and laughter and talk filled the halls but I didn't understand how anyone could be happy at a time like this.

A time when Sousuke was in hospital.

"Rin! Can we come with you pleaseee?" Momo begged bouncing over to me and tugging on my arm I saw Ai standing behind him.

"No" I said sternly

"Come on we want to know how he is" Momo said pouting slightly

"I need to talk to him alone" I replied shortly the events of the day catching up with me

"We'll only stay for a bit we just want to see him" Ai added quietly. I looked at their faces and saw their worry I sighed giving in.

"Fine. Only for a little bit and then you come back understood?"

They both nodded quickly in agreement.

Sousuke's POV

I lay in the hospital bed staring blankly at the wall. My shoulder throbbed painfully even though it was in a sling the doctors had told me I would need to have a surgery tomorrow morning to make sure I would be able to move it normally. Swimming was off the table completely.

"Mr Yamazaki you have visitors" a nurse said walking into my room "shall I send them in?"

I nodded.

The nurse left and moments later Momo came rocketing in flinging himself towards me. Ai followed walking in then shutting the door.

I tried to hide my disappointment that they weren't Rin but I didn't know if Rin would ever want to talk to me again.

"How are you feeling?" Nitori asked politely

"Fine I guess" I lied

Nitori stood next to a Momo

"That was crazy Sousuke! You were so cool you swam with everything you had even with a busted shoulder I wish I could swim like that..." Momo babbled until Nitori hit him on the arm signalling him to shut up.

I looked up at them and smiled slightly "well done you two. You both worked really hard"

Ai turned away embarrassed but Momo smiled and continued to talk about how one day he would be the greatest backstroke swimmer in the world.

I rolled my eyes playfully and listened to them talk happily.

Momo looked around the room and said "it's really boring in here"