Tomorrow

Rin's POV

I stood at the edge of the pool stretching I kept glancing at Sousuke we hadn't talked much ever since our...conversation. "Wow look at him go" one of the swimmers gasped as they watched Ai swim. I looked at him and saw he was racing he won.

"You beat oshumi's record" someone said. I walked over to where Sousuke stood leaning against the wall "looks like someone's coaching bumped our boy's game up a notch." I said trying to sound casual

"Shut up man" he said rolling his eyes. Usually I would continue to tease him but I could tell that he was slightly serious I opened my mouth but he was already walking away.

I waited for him to start swimming but he never got in the water. He noticed me staring at him and quickly headed to the changing rooms. "Sousuke?" I wandered out loud.

I followed him into the changing room and saw Momo pestering him so I said to Ai "Ai don't let today go to your head regionals are still up in the air. No getting comfortable."

"Yes sir" Ai said happily

"Sou?" I said

Momo and Ai both stopped talking instantly and looked at me. "What is it Rin?" Sousuke said in a sharp tone
"You didn't swim today. Why?" I asked trying not to sound angry

"Who am I talking to 'captain' Rin or my best friend Rin" Sousuke snarled bitterly I winced as he said that "Sou I-" I started but then realised that Momo and Ai were standing there.

"Momo, Ai go pack!" I demanded they quickly nodded and rushed off. Sou tugged on his t-shirt then picked up his bag "Sou we need to talk about this" I said walking up to him

"There's nothing to talk about" he said turning his back on me

"Fine look me in the eyes and tell me that everything's fine!" I demanded "tell me that you're not hiding something. LOOK AT ME AND TELL ME"

Sousuke turned to me then said "I can't" I sighed "please sousuke" I begged gripping his t-shirt "please tell me"

"I will Rin just not yet" he said then walked off I bit my lip trying to stop the tears from falling.

Time Skip

We arrived at the hotel we would be staying at for regionals. The whole bus journey had been awkward as Sousuke and I had sat on the back seats together spreading out we hadn't talked the whole way. Sou had seemed to be lost in thought as he stared out of the window.

I wanted to ask him what was wrong but I knew he wouldn't tell me.

As we got off the bus I heard Momo yell "Gou hey Gou" I groaned who knew they were staying here.

"Didn't know you guys were staying here" I said

I watched our teams exchange conversation mainly Nagisa annoying Ai I saw Haru staring at Sousuke but Sou just stared down at his shoes.

"Oh Sousuke I forgot to ask why you were looking all cloaked and dark at the station near our house the other day?" Gou asked

I could see Sousuke's face turned shock as I looked at him. Was that where he went when he missed practice? Did he go home? Was his family having issues?

"Uhhh What?" Sousuke said but Momo jumped in front of him exclaiming "Gou I'm pouring my heart out to you"

Momo continued to pester Gou so I grabbed him by the collar and dragged him away the rest of the team following behind us.

Sousuke's POV

Rin registered everyone but I was barely listening. I didn't know Gou had seen me. Crap.