Chapter 5: The line is bent? WHY?!

After that night with Ken, I've been feeling a bit awkward around him even though he's my brother?

but before that, I should focus on the event that's coming up, next week is the twins' birthday, ignoring Sera so I'll just say it's Ken's birthday because of that I have to prepare a birthday gift for him which is why I'm going to use one of God's gift for this one.

The gift of the voice, while showering I was humming a tune I used to listen to a lot back in my previous life and when I finished my bath, Edna who was aiding me, commented on my voice about how angelic it sounded, that was when I remembered about the gift and how I can use it to my advantage to impress not just my younger brother but also the noble society. I can make my noble debut during their birthday party to attract everyone's attention.

As the outcast of the family, no one in the noble society knows I even exist for I was never once properly introduced, only Furu knew I existed because he would visit our family so often he knows his way around the mansion and the servants' names off by heart. 

I won't ruin the family just yet I still need them to keep my boat floating, I'm planning to go out today in town to find a gift for my dear brother luckily I've been saving up money so I have about 6 gold coins.

MONEY CURRENCY IN THIS GAME:

1 Gold = £10

1 Silver = £5

1 Bronze = £1

1 Copper = £0.10

Thanks to Edna, she lent me some of her son's old clothes, this way I'll be able to blend into the crowd without standing out and if I carry too much money I'll be an immediate target to thieves. 

I slipped out of the mansion without getting noticed since I doubt anyone actually cares that I'm missing except for Ken but I'm sure Sera is keeping him occupied, this is literally the only time I'm glad Sera even existed. Entering the bustling crowd I hear shouts from different stalls marketing and advertising their best products, children will be busy playing, mothers would gather and have a long chat, men dead drunk in daylight.

So this is what society is like in this world. I tried to get myself not too curious towards the foreign products I've never seen before and some I could recognise, oh my Author there's a proper fruit!? I thought it only existed in Kingdom Hearts?!, I felt my inner fanboy raging telling me to buy all sorts of things but I averted my eyes from all the good even if there is Pikachu on sale at the pet store.

M-must resists, as I run away from my greedy desire to the accessory store, I'm safe I'm sure there's nothing that'll tempt into buying something that isn't related to my objective- Oh my god there's a brooch that looks exactly like the brooch from Violet Evergarden.

I want to buy it! no, I can't for Ken's sake! as I reached to counter waiting for some sort of service until a woman behind the counter finally took notice of me and approached me "can I help you with anything?" yes finally! "yes I would like to s...

I want to buy it! no, I can't for Ken's sake! as I reached to counter waiting for some sort of service until a woman behind the counter finally took notice of me and approached me "can I help you with anything?" yes finally! "yes I would like to see some necklaces with a blue gem with a sort of plain design" with a smile she offers the best necklaces she could find that matches my description and there was one I couldn't take my eyes off.

It's so beautiful I couldn't stop looking at it, my attention quickly turned to the sale lady as she was giggling "I'm sure your girlfriend will love this one sir" my face flushed red as I began to start "n-no it's not my girlfriend!" but she continued to giggle as I became more flustered "This will be 3 gold sir" wait for what?! the necklace was more expensive then I thought, but if it's for Ken it's worth it.

I snoop through my pouch and pulled out three gold to the lady "thank you very much for your purchase and do come again" I quickly left feeling a bit flustered from her words and just as I left I bumped into a man with a black hood "I'm so sorry sir" but he quickly left without a word.

I look down at my left to realise the once pouch attached to my belt was gone "Stop that thief!" I yelled as I started chasing after him but as he runs would tip over all sorts of boxes as he makes his way through the crowd, I wasn't closing the cap but rather the gap was getting bigger, fudge I should've exercised more often.

The robber made a sharp turn to the right and I finally made it to the turn I witnessed the robber being taken to the ground by two hooded men, one white the other brown. The white hood held the robber down and the brown hooded man took the robber's satchel which can be presumed that holds all the stolen objects.

"Excuse me!" I called out to them as I walk up to them "he stole my pouch!" two hooded men look at each before the brown hooded man search through the bag "Is this it?" as he pulls it out "yes! as I walked up to him and took it back from him "thank you so much!" I said with relief and teary eyes, jeez I was so scared thinking I lost it forever.

The two men were silent and haven't spoken a word, "thank you so much" I bow "you guys are my heroes, and thanks again" just as I was about to leave the brown hooded one grabbed hold of my wrist "Wait! if you have some time would you hang out with us?" I looked at the man with confusion, I mean this is weird why would I hang out with two strangers who I just met? that's just creepy "uh sorry, I am thankful for what you have done but you-" the brown hooded man seem desperate "please! we'll let you hold onto our things if it can get you to trust us!" this is just creepy.

End of chapter 5